PVD going rogue

PT Car Washer

It's the benefit they are expensive
And UPS instead of reducing the wait for benefits from a year to 9 months could have substantially raised the starting wage.After all the age group that UPS wants to hire for PT employment don't need or use most of the benefits. Would also help the Teamsters bank account through increased dues.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And UPS instead of reducing the wait for benefits from a year to 9 months could have substantially raised the starting wage.After all the age group that UPS wants to hire for PT employment don't need or use most of the benefits. Would also help the Teamsters bank account through

35years

Gravy route
I actually feel sorry for the young people on here who say there’s no way they’d stay at UPS if it means working inside for years. One day they’ll come to the realization that they missed a great opportunity to work a good paying job with great benefits all because of their impatience. Regret sucks.

I chose working at FedEx many years ago over UPS. While I enjoyed my job through the years, I’m now regretting I didn’t choose UPS. If I had, I’d be retired by now with a great pension instead of wondering if I can make it to full FedEx retirement age for a much smaller pension.
I was hired by UPS and Fed Ex in the same week, over 30 years ago.
My buddy signed on with FedEx the same month.
He got to go driving right away, I put in 5 years in the hub at UPS.
My higher income when driving allowed my wife to quit working when we started having kids, and I am so thankful she did.

He doesn't make the kind of money I do but he was allowed to transfer to another location.
He moved to a great fishing lake near a small town.

He never faced the kind of harassment or the physical beat down we endure at UPS delivering heavy industrial stops and working 12-14 hours a day every peak. I would say only 1/2 the guys I started with were able to make it to retirement, so don't regret your decision.

That being said, I am in a good spot since my pension will pay $50,000 to $60,000 a year depending when I go. Right now I am enjoying my cushy rural route and all the perks of being high seniority.

clean hairy

Well, to be fair, ups facilities are lacking in areas that matter to kids these days. Flex schedule, coffee corner, book nook, daily "feelings workshop", etc... Who can work under these barbaric conditions!?!?
Not to mention free wi fi, a computer lounge, and a free buffett every day....