PVD going rogue

Turned 64 last month. Made $85 k last year plus my Army pension. Mostly running misloads around town. Hard to leave all of that. I remember working at a gas station (when they had real gas stations) after High School making $2/hr.
My first job I worked for a really cheap bastard. If you was still in school they was allowed to pay you less than minimum wage.
I was making $2.85 an hour plus they took out 30¢ an hour for food

Trust me I made them pay for that 30¢ they took out.
I ate Damn good.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
In time you'll figure out that the company does not care about you personally, your family, nor do they care about your health.

"Drink water throughout the day"...and if you get hurt they'll deny your bone fide workers comp.

You think I'm lying? Get back to me after your first 10 years or less.

Drive your "brownie" (or whatever that stupid remark means) and in time you'll find out where the "brownie" gets driven.

Faceplanted

Queso.... ask your self why you currently don’t have a career.... honestly fam your destined for failure. You don’t seem to have a grasp on life. Nothing is given to you. Take a part time gig and wait your turn, you could be 22.4 by next year..... keep jumping around jobs being impatient, 4 years later you will still have nothing.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Nobody cares anymore
Only the folks that have been there through the years when shiny trucks, scrubbed rims that displayed the silver ring, cars washed inside, and management that took pride in the company image were the norm.

Today its headed toward the dispensation of clowns that can only drive a keyboard and drivers who are puppets on a string, dressing like slobs, and wearing shoes that look like they just plowed a field in them.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
PVD to FT driving is a dream scenario. UPS doesn’t make dreams come true. 90% of drivers have to jump through major hoops, some waiting 7-8 years just to drive. And you thought you’d get in after 3 weeks doing a suppressed route with no real #s.

You had on training wheels on a scooter and thought you could be a professional motorcycle racer.

They hyped you up.
I'm getting one started soon at my center. I'm about to stack 22.4s like pancakes!

Skull_Leader

Btw: no one cares if you stay or leave.

*I* Care if I stay or leave, and that's ALL that matters. When I said that I simply wont work there, It was a statement of fact, not a threat. You guys can be stupid and work 5+ years for $14/hr part time for 25hr/week, but that ain't me.
And I suspect the company is suffering from that policy too. and that's why they're ramping up the 22.4s

The McDonald's generation is here..."Give it to me now".
SMH

Because it's reasonable to have to work an unrelated job for 5+ years before working the job you want... (Did all of you really do that?)

Queso

Queso.... ask your self why you currently don’t have a career.... honestly fam your destined for failure. You don’t seem to have a grasp on life. Nothing is given to you. Take a part time gig and wait your turn, you could be 22.4 by next year..... keep jumping around jobs being impatient, 4 years later you will still have nothing.

I was never planning on working at UPS full time or at any point until management started flapping its beak. I’m doing quite well as it is and I’m exploring many avenues of what I could do in life still as I’m only 21.

I don’t want to even go to a full time driver until September at the earliest, and I still don’t know if it’s what I would like to do for the rest of my life. I highly doubt I’m vested enough in trying to become a ups driver to go work preload for however long to get there. It’s one of those things where if they hired me off the street, I’d probably do it but if not, then I don’t think it’s for me.