PVD going rogue

Poop Head

Judge me.
*I* Care if I stay or leave, and that's ALL that matters. When I said that I simply wont work there, It was a statement of fact, not a threat. You guys can be stupid and work 5+ years for $14/hr part time for 25hr/week, but that ain't me.
And I suspect the company is suffering from that policy too. and that's why they're ramping up the 22.4s

Because it's reasonable to have to work an unrelated job for 5+ years before working the job you want... (Did all of you really do that?)
Lmfao!

I think I know what P.V.D. stands for

Pcompletely
Vstupid
Dindividual

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
*I* Care if I stay or leave, and that's ALL that matters. When I said that I simply wont work there, It was a statement of fact, not a threat. You guys can be stupid and work 5+ years for $14/hr part time for 25hr/week, but that ain't me.
And I suspect the company is suffering from that policy too. and that's why they're ramping up the 22.4s

Because it's reasonable to have to work an unrelated job for 5+ years before working the job you want... (Did all of you really do that?)
Duh. "A threat."? Wooooo.

And you don't stay $14/hr for 5 years. There are GWI. Some of our long time part timers are making $30+ per hour plus $400/week in free benefits PLUS pension accrual they dont have to personally chip in.

And yes Sherlock, pretty much everyone at ups worked for 2-10 years to make $100,000- $120,000 yearly in total compensation.

Find that package every day somewhere else without spending $80,000+ in college tuition? I think not but you're the expert home dog since you posted that we're "stupid". Have at it.

Btw: our dues (almost $100/month) paid for the union negotiators to make the compensation in this job what it is so get some respect for us upsers that forged the way for you 90 day scabs to work here (temporarily) at a decent wage.
SMH. Evidently your gnorance is bliss.

Last edited:

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
PVDs are given the easiest areas in any center. So unless you were doing 300 stops in 8 hours you didn't even make a blip on their radar. In many areas they were paying PVDs 8-10 hours for something a seniority driver could do in 3-4 hours.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
lol you're the idiot who suggested that it was a threat, not me.
Lol "you're the idiot that"...wait for it... doesnt have a job, not me.

Btw einstein I quoted your post and I highlighted it.

Get your GED and they may give you a permanent position...

In management. You'd fit right in and probably wouldn't need a GED after all.

Skull_Leader

Yes, you highlighted it, and STILL managed to mess it up. That's pretty impressive...
I stated my intentions, and YOU suggested that it was a threat
I corrected you, clearing up that it's not a threat, and then YOU interpreted as if I thought the company would care if I worked there or not. This is all on YOU.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yes, you highlighted it, and STILL managed to mess it up. That's pretty impressive...
I stated my intentions, and YOU suggested that it was a threat
I corrected you, clearing up that it's not a threat, and then YOU interpreted as if I thought the company would care if I worked there or not. This is all on YOU.
Nowhere in my posts did I mention "threat". Hooked on phonics may help you.
Enjoy unemployment... if you actually remember how to fill in the blanks online. It's a waste of my time posting to arrogant scabs.

Last edited:

RuthlessSupSlayer

Yeah so after being kept till the 15th and given a pretty good amount of hours after the new year they’ve gone to having me call in every morning to see if I’m working. Woke up early as :censored2: the past two days now just to call and realize they don’t need me. One of the on road sups told me I was killing it and they were looking to add me as a full time driver, but then when I went in Friday he said he was waiting for “other drivers to quit.”

What the :censored2: does that even mean waiting for other drivers to quit. And how the :censored2: am I supposed to make a living calling in every morning not knowing if I have work like I can’t line up another job if I have to do that. They like me and I must say it was probably the best seasonal gig I could’ve asked for and I’m nothing but grateful at the end of it, but they need to either give me a set schedule or tell me I better look elsewhere until it gets busy again
what happened to all the work you had lined up?
Yeah that’s funny because I already have plenty of work lined up until next year

Brownsocks

Just a dog

I never touched a UPS box outside of picking it up off the doorstep and was hired off the street as a RPCD. I only qualified because my brothers in package went above and beyond to show me the ropes, and I am thankful for them every day.

Would I have worked 5 years in preload for 100k a year and Cadillac benefits? Damn straight!
Take your scab ass to Papa John's and get a real job delivering pizza, because UPS isnt for you.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I actually feel sorry for the young people on here who say there’s no way they’d stay at UPS if it means working inside for years. One day they’ll come to the realization that they missed a great opportunity to work a good paying job with great benefits all because of their impatience. Regret sucks.

I chose working at FedEx many years ago over UPS. While I enjoyed my job through the years, I’m now regretting I didn’t choose UPS. If I had, I’d be retired by now with a great pension instead of wondering if I can make it to full FedEx retirement age for a much smaller pension.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I actually feel sorry for the young people on here who say there’s no way they’d stay at UPS if it means working inside for years. One day they’ll come to the realization that they missed a great opportunity to work a good paying job with great benefits all because of their impatience. Regret sucks.
Well, to be fair, ups facilities are lacking in areas that matter to kids these days. Flex schedule, coffee corner, book nook, daily "feelings workshop", etc... Who can work under these barbaric conditions!?!?