PVD

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If it all works out, will Amazon have an opportunity to expand on any success UPS has during the following holiday season?

Will any portion of the Company be in a contract year, freeing up some or all of the ground portion of UPS???

Could it be that this PVD thing is actually Amazon taking UPS for a "test drive", for future consideration???

Staydryitsraining

If it all works out, will Amazon have an opportunity to expand on any success UPS has during the following holiday season?

Will any portion of the Company be in a contract year, freeing up some or all of the ground portion of UPS???

Could it be that this PVD thing is actually Amazon taking UPS for a "test drive", for future consideration???
I think they paid 13.7 billion in cash for whole foods, so they for sure have the money to buy ups. My question is who is in Amazon's pockets for no one to be having serious talks about the monopoly they have.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think they paid 13.7 billion in cash for whole foods, so they for sure have the money to buy ups. My question is who is in Amazon's pockets for no one to be having serious talks about the monopoly they have.
A buddy and myself were talking about that this week.

What do you think the price tag would be for UPS?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's an interesting notion, Amazon buying UPS, especially in light of all of the Company's Teamster Union contracts expiring in August.

While Amazon would still be required to recognize the Teamsters when negotiating a new contract, their would be no onus on them to recognize any past contracts or practices.

Seems kind of far fetched, but is it???

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's an interesting notion, Amazon buying UPS, especially in light of all of the Company's Teamster Union contracts expiring in August.

While Amazon would still be required to recognize the Teamsters when negotiating a new contract, their would be no onus on them to recognize any past contracts or practices.

Seems kind of far fetched, but is it???
IMG_2311.GIF

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If the union doesn't stop this before it starts. There will be no reason to strike. All the work will be uber drivers. For every driver who walks out.

3 done 3 to go

I have a very strong feeling that we will have a nationwide one day walkout over this issue.

I wouldn't do that either. The PVD issue is an open door now. There can't be a reason for UPS to actually use it fully. The union if it is really for it's members should end it quickly. I've lost all hope in it's leadership. If we walk. We will lose

Over70irregs

An amazon PVD was delivering out of a Honda yesterday. We both walked to a house at the same time. I talked to him about how much he delivers. He said he had 52 stops and makes approx $18/hr. He said the pay scale was from $18-24. He was using his cell as a diad. I told him I had approx 145 stops, A pension, 401k, full medical for family, and I don't pay for fuel. I usually don't post but we know it's time to be active and share. Sorry post was long.

3 done 3 to go

An amazon PVD was delivering out of a Honda yesterday. We both walked to a house at the same time. I talked to him about how much he delivers. He said he had 52 stops and makes approx $18/hr. He said the pay scale was from $18-24. He was using his cell as a diad. I told him I had approx 145 stops, A pension, 401k, full medical for family, and I don't pay for fuel. I usually don't post but we know it's time to be active and share. Sorry post was long.

See! The Union needs to end this asap. If they don't. Ups will gladly pay half of our pay. To expand the PVD issue

Box Ox

See! The Union needs to end this asap. If they don't. Ups will gladly pay half of our pay. To expand the PVD issue

Think the Company knows that now is the time to make a move. Especially if the Union won't. They'd have every (Republican) branch of government and regulatory agency behind them if things get wild.