PVD

Rack em

Made the Podium
The Union has already stated that they are not in favor of PVD’s.
I know this, but that was back when Sean O was the head of our negotiating committee. Hoffa removed him from the position so I only assume that the "union" has now been opened to the idea of PVD's. Nothing new has been said on the matter, Sean was suspiciously removed from his job after denying PVD's, and Hoffa said he was being "too harsh" toward ups. All signs point to a horrible contract with Hoffa bending over and letting ups shove all their wants right up his ass!

Box Ox

"Changing market"
"Amazon"

Whose ready for the excuses???

Yep. Company’s already made clear what they’ll look to do. PVDs aren’t in the contract now, and they might not have to be in the next one.

“We are in a rapidly changing industry and look forward to working together with union negotiators to strongly position UPS for the future,” said UPS labor relations president Al Gudim in a written statement.“

Fragile

Why are we constantly fighting to maintain what we already have?

How about instead of our union wasting time on fighting the PVD issue at UPS they really focus on organizing some of our competitors. Not for nothing it doesn't even have to be the Teamsters, it could be any union. I mean a real effort.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

How about instead of our union wasting time on fighting the PVD issue at UPS they really focus on organizing some of our competitors. Not for nothing it doesn't even have to be the Teamsters, it could be any union. I mean a real effort.
How about they do both?

I'm tired of settling for "the least they can do"?

We shouldn't have to negotiate with the Company and the Union.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ignore subcontracting and there may not be a union left to organize anything.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
We all know this is Jr's last UPS contract, so he has no choice but to capitulate to them to fatten up his retirement accounts

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We all know PVD's were discussed and the article says overwhelmingly accepted!

You're making an assumption.

So.....it wasn't "unanimous" this time?

You don't think Fred Z, was going to make the same mistake again ?

He's already crying about it.

"Fred Z denounced this unprecedented information brownout and voted against the Hoffa administration’s bargaining package."

UPS Bargaining Proposals Set

It's like he still can't get over losing the election for President....

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We all know PVD's were discussed and the article says overwhelmingly accepted!
You're making an assumption.
That's what many people do when information is withheld.

I find it interesting "BigUnionGuy", who continually claims to be "in the know", can only retort that he is "making an assumption", rather than refuting what was posted?
You don't think Fred Z, was going to make the same mistake again ?
He's already crying about it.
"Fred Z denounced this unprecedented information brownout and voted against the Hoffa administration’s bargaining package."
UPS Bargaining Proposals Set
I don't believe that he made a mistake the last time, or is crying now.
At the "two man meeting" that you love to refer to in 2013, days worth of information was dumped into those men's laps in a couple of hours, then subsequently, a classic Teamster strong arm show of hands ensued.
Nobody could have been able to compare summary plan descriptions between the Company HC plan and the newly branded C6 plan named TeamCare, let alone uncover the various other concessions in that ill-fated contract.

Once Fred digested the information the letters and public speeches started, then you spin doctors started doing your thing for Big Daddy Hoffa and his son Kenny, crying "it was unanimous".
It's like he still can't get over losing the election for President....
More than half of those who chose to vote in the US still can't get over it either.

In the end, Fred Z and the membership are not going fall for the banana in the tailpipe again this time.

~Bbbl~™

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
In the end, Fred Z and the membership are not going fall for the banana in the tailpipe again this time.

The company will be betting on the fact, 70% of the members don't vote.

And in the end.... they will take a banana up the tailpipe.

Just like they do everyday.

Faceplanted

That's what many people do when information is withheld.

I find it interesting "BigUnionGuy", who continually claims to be "in the know", can only retort that he is "making an assumption", rather than refuting what was posted?

I don't believe that he made a mistake the last time, or is crying now.
At the "two man meeting" that you love to refer to in 2013, days worth of information was dumped into those men's laps in a couple of hours, then subsequently, a classic Teamster strong arm show of hands ensued.
Nobody could have been able to compare summary plan descriptions between the Company HC plan and the newly branded C6 plan named TeamCare, let alone uncover the various other concessions in that ill-fated contract.

Once Fred digested the information the letters and public speeches started, then you spin doctors started doing your thing for Big Daddy Hoffa and his son Kenny, crying "it was unanimous".

More than half of those who chose to vote in the US still can't get over it either.

~Bbbl~™
Great post. Sums it up very well.

What'dyabringmetoday???

We all know PVD's were discussed and the article says overwhelmingly accepted! So our union let PVD's go through and it will be up to us to VOTE NO. Please do your part and not only vote, but vote no to this PVD garbage.
Are you suggesting that the membership submitted proposals in favor of PVD's? I only ask because this article seems to say that the Teamsters accepted membership proposals. It goes on to say that the proposals will be submitted to the company. Unless I missed something...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are you suggesting that the membership submitted proposals in favor of PVD's? I only ask because this article seems to say that the Teamsters accepted membership proposals. It goes on to say that the proposals will be submitted to the company. Unless I missed something...
You missed @BigUnionGuy post that thought there would be an update at the conclusion of the "two man meeting".

It's been a month since the IBT released it's last 3 sentence statement on the subject.

We find it a bit unsettling in the wake of the previous small package director, that was subsequently fired, who saw fit to share his letter to the Company on the subject with the membership.