Pvd

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Not if that means the driver would have to work past 4:30 PM. I have very seldom had a driver turn down my help. Only 1 driver and he used to put in more hours delivering ground when he was a PT air driver then he does now as a FT driver. He is still mad because I bumped in out after the strike.
Looks like the 22.4 classification started a long time ago...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Wouldn't you like to make $40k/yr working 20 hours a week and have 7 weeks paid vacation?

Nothing wrong with that and more power to you.

But you were bragging about making $90K, and the majority of that was you doing full-time work, and you want no part of being full-time.

And you may be in a unique situation up where you're at, but you made a comment that part time air drivers delivering ground is the fastest growing segment at UPS.

Nope.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just live a couple miles away and can show up in about 20 minutes ready to work. Most of the time because all hell done broke lose and I am here to fix it. If you think that is a fun or easy job, try it some time instead of crying to your sup "I have seniority, call in an air driver."

I am not trying to criticize you and apologize if it came off that way. I applaud your work ethic and "making hay while the sun shines".

Is your son still working there? As I recall he had just started working in feeders.

PT Car Washer

The contracts in the late 70's/early 80's were much more PT friendly.
When the Teamsters agreed to let UPS use PT workers it doubled and tripled their monthly dues income as we were all paid the same wages and paid the same dues. It was a smart financial move on the part of the Teamsters. Paying the same wages was suppose to prevent UPS from using PT to undermine the FT opportunities.