PVD'S

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
To be honest, while I do believe that Carey had a broader agenda and wanted a strike, I will also admit the UPS chiefs could have done more to avoid the strike and were probably naive enough to think they would win the strike as more drivers would cross than did. As I have said, Carey played that way better than they did.
I disagree with your idea that the fault was 100% on UPS' side. It takes 2 to tango.

Fair enough.

And maybe not 100% on UPS, but they did nothing to stop it. They never budged an inch on that last, best and final, even though they knew they could.

They told us to take the offer or strike.

What percentage would you give that?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And remember, the reason we are discussing this is we don't want to see the same thing happen with this PVD issue.

If UPS wants to bluff, be careful, because we may just call your bluff, again.

brownIEman

Fair enough.

And maybe not 100% on UPS, but they did nothing to stop it. They never budged an inch on that last, best and final, even though they knew they could.

They told us to take the offer or strike.

What percentage would you give that?

I would give that a huge percentage of the blame. If I believed it. I think we have drilled down to the crux of our disagreement. The narrative I have heard is that UPS had offered through the mediators significant changes from the last best final over the weekend prior to the walk out, including the pension item. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree.

And remember, the reason we are discussing this is we don't want to see the same thing happen with this PVD issue.

If UPS wants to bluff, be careful, because we may just call your bluff, again.

That is fine, but remember also the the PVD's as UPS is discussing, at least according to their letter reply to O'brien, are seasonal drivers not contractors, exactly the same as what we hire now and have for decades. They will be dues paying Teamsters in non RTW states. They will just be driving their own vehicles rather than one rented by UPS from a third party.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The narrative I have heard is that UPS had offered through the mediators significant changes from the last best final over the weekend prior to the walk out, including the pension item.

I have no proof, except for being there. I know what was offerred, and not offerred, even during those 3 days with the mediator.

I suspect we will have to agree to disagree.

Agreed.

That is fine, but remember also the the PVD's as UPS is discussing, at least according to their letter reply to O'brien, are seasonal drivers not contractors, exactly the same as what we hire now and have for decades. They will be dues paying Teamsters in non RTW states. They will just be driving their own vehicles rather than one rented by UPS from a third party.

Like I said, the 2 sides need to work this issue out before it comes to a "mine is bigger than yours" and we strike again for all the wrong reasons.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
IMG_0790.jpg
Anyone else find it odd that we got to see both UPS and Sean's letter as it happened yet now all of a sudden we are back to an information brownout with these cliff note updates?

Union Power

Silent member
I have no proof, except for being there. I know what was offerred, and not offerred, even during those 3 days with the mediator.

Agreed.

Like I said, the 2 sides need to work this issue out before it comes to a "mine is bigger than yours" and we strike again for all the wrong reasons.
HMOs would be a correct reason.
These ie propaganda midgets don't include all of the truth.
Sheets were missing out of a multiple page offer. The company knew it was going to hit the fan but they stayed their course.
The result was a dangerous ploy that backfired and J Kelly admitted it.
Have you learned anything from this?
Rule #1.) Don't poke the bear.

Union Power

Silent member
To be honest, while I do believe that Carey had a broader agenda and wanted a strike, I will also admit the UPS chiefs could have done more to avoid the strike and were probably naive enough to think they would win the strike as more drivers would cross than did. As I have said, Carey played that way better than they did.
I disagree with your idea that the fault was 100% on UPS' side. It takes 2 to tango.
This isn't "tango" rookie. The company doesn't think like the bargaining unit does. Less assumptions would be a great guideline for cause and effect. We are at a crossroad and it would be a benefit to all concerned if the company didn't come to negotiate with chips on their shoulders.

35years

Gravy route
So we have moved from complete rejection of SPDV to requesting information regarding "the company's SPDV program", so we can negotiate it's implementation... after the fact?

Surepost made drivers concerned. Letting Uber drivers wearing browns deliver will put the rank and file over the edge. Management and Union leadership had better weigh the possible consequences.

Who do you think management will turn to (for help delivering) in a work stoppage?

Union Power

Silent member
Surepost made drivers concerned. Letting Uber drivers wearing browns deliver will put the rank and file over the edge. Management and Union leadership had better weigh the possible consequences.
Who do you think management will turn to (for help delivering) in a work stoppage?
An army of these?
IMG_20170917_203538.jpg

Union Power

Silent member
>diad in hand while driving
go ahead and walk that driver out the door
Hey rookie, stick to pushing numbers.

The shifter is in park position Einstein. Ever drive a pc for more than 30 days?

Now do you understand why management gets mundane respect?
You truly earn it.
Wear your tin foil hat with pride.

PS/ go get @brownIEman and maybe between the two of you someone can figure out what the shifter is and where it's located in this picture.

Last edited:

The shifter is in park position Einstein. Ever have driven pc for more than 30 days?

You truly earn it.
I didn't want to say anything about his shifter.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

The shifter is in park position Einstein. Ever drive a pc for more than 30 days?

You truly earn it.

PS/ go get @brownIEman and maybe between the two of you someone can figure out what the shifter is and where it's located in this picture.
DIAD goes in the holder before you ever get in the seat (that's methods), or didn't you ever drive a PC for more than 30 days?
no matter how you want to bull:censored2: lawyer it, he's either wasting time or working unsafely

DIAD goes in the holder before you ever get in the seat (that's methods), or didn't you ever drive a PC for more than 30 days?
no matter how you want to bull:censored2: lawyer it, he's either wasting time or working unsafely

Where does it say he was getting in the seat? He's probably posing for a picture. Wasting time is not your judgement.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Lmfao!! You said methods! I give zero poops about the methods. Methods will never make up for a deplorable logistics system.