PVD's

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My PVD finally tried to start her job today. The Preload screwed up and loaded her packages on the car next to mine. They put my route in a P1000 instead of my P700, they got our cars mixed up again. I never saw her, she quit as soon as she saw 33 stops/58 packages. Our Helper Coordinator had to go out and meet her to get the load back. Some other driver had to deliver it. The PVD driver was set up to fail, she had zero training from anybody in our Center. She just watched a video online that HR told her to see and was given a phone that she couldn't log into.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My PVD finally tried to start her job today. The Preload screwed up and loaded her packages on the car next to mine. They put my route in a P1000 instead of my P700, they got our cars mixed up again. I never saw her, she quit as soon as she saw 33 stops/58 packages. Our Helper Coordinator had to go out and met her to get the load back. Some other driver had to deliver it. The PVD driver was set up to fail, she had zero training from anybody in our Center. She just watched a video online that HR told her to see and was given a phone that she couldn't log into.
I mean this is funny as hell to us but 20-40 stops is what the general public thinks most of us do a day.

She was probably expecting to do a few stops an hour.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
My PVD finally tried to start her job today. The Preload screwed up and loaded her packages on the car next to mine. They put my route in a P1000 instead of my P700, they got our cars mixed up again. I never saw her, she quit as soon as she saw 33 stops/58 packages. Our Helper Coordinator had to go out and met her to get the load back. Some other driver had to deliver it. The PVD driver was set up to fail, she had zero training from anybody in our Center. She just watched a video online that HR told her to see and was given a phone that she couldn't log into.
Sounds like peak preparation is going smoothly...

542thruNthru

You think your building is going to be close to as bad as last year?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This area was the gravy work on my route, three subdivisions. Houses crammed together with very short driveways. I could have ran it myself in no time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You think your building is going to be close to as bad as last year?

With the new Atlanta Hub opening we had 25 routes move to another Hub starting this week. We have about 50 routes instead of our old usual 75 a day now. All new Division management and new Center Manager too. They started the seasonal routes earlier and have been forcing Helpers on us now. I noticed the Rentals were at the building when I came in tonight. I'm optimistic we will see a better Peak this year.

542thruNthru

Prediction.

Worst peak yet.

tenor-24.gif

542thruNthru

With the new Atlanta Hub opening we had 25 routes move to another Hub starting this week. We have about 50 routes instead of our old usual 75 a day now. All new Division management and new Center Manager too. They started the seasonal routes earlier and have been forcing Helpers on us now. I noticed the Rentals were at the building when I came in tonight. I'm optimistic we will see a better Peak this year.

Sounds like they are at least trying not to make the same mistake twice. Good luck.