Q1 Cost Initiative - No Surepost, no Sat Ground, no Guarantees

Overpaid Union Thug

Starting tomorrow:
  • no surepost delivered
  • no sat ground, air only
  • no PT sups working on Sat, all are laid off, no exceptions, no personal days
  • all drivers working pay-actual on Sat, no exceptions, grievances ignored
  • probably no ground pickups, that's still under discussion
All of that was on the table here at one point but was shelved and replaced with no fueling until Monday and closing the customer until Monday.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
you misunderstand, the centers were instructed under no circumstances were they to deliver to the PO

they were loading it into retain cars/trailers, locking it up, keys go in the managers desk
Delivering on route or not delivering at all....curious if delivering on route would qualify as revenue as opposed to delivering to PO and that being classified as an expense.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Just like returning rentals and laying off temps during peak? Just like no fueling New Years eve?
Yeah we didn't do that here.
West Coast don't go by your rules. We make money.
:)
socal =/= the entire west coast, fyi

your district has things going for it that maybe only 1-2 others do, but probably with more origin vol which gives you consideration

Delivering on route or not delivering at all....curious if delivering on route would qualify as revenue as opposed to delivering to PO and that being classified as an expense.
hold and redirect (“delv”, “on route”, “co-delivery”, etc) is the only surepost we make money on, and there is no way to stop only that stuff without turning off surepost in the system entirely

542thruNthru

okay you’re still not getting it

heavy ground vol =/= heavy profit

you’re not the origin for heavy air product, or particularly efficient at making cost, so as a “money maker” not really lol

So let me ask you something. When my building does everything this week you said they won't. Who's right?

Box Ox

Glad you see it my way. ;)

2dvq6g0.jpg

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
okay you’re still not getting it

heavy ground vol =/= heavy profit

you’re not the origin for heavy air product, or particularly efficient at making cost, so as a “money maker” not really lol
I’m out west in the Bay Area and we were just informed that most feeder runs are being over to the valley(central CA.). Evidently we have huge amounts of inbound volume but our outbound is almost nonexistent do to the high cost of operating businesses here.

It would be interesting to see how that statistic works either in our favor or against it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Just like returning rentals and laying off temps during peak? Just like no fueling New Years eve?

Yeah we didn't do that here.

West Coast don't go by your rules. We make money.

:)
What is this a D* measuring contest?

You guys don’t print money to the level you think you do. The real money maker is Ohio Valley as much as it pains me to say