Q1 Cost Initiative - No Surepost, no Sat Ground, no Guarantees

Days

i honestly can't tell if this is just Q1 retardedness, some kind of anti-union leveraging to trade away 22.4's (i don't see those happening anytime soon) for something better(?), something with the post office, or all of the above

Could be any of these. It would cut out a lot of work tbh.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What is this a D* measuring contest?

You guys don’t print money to the level you think you do. The real money maker is Ohio Valley as much as it pains me to say
I already came to that conclusion seeing the only street driver jobs available at the moment are either parts of california or ohio.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
socal =/= the entire west coast, fyi

your district has things going for it that maybe only 1-2 others do, but probably with more origin vol which gives you consideration

hold and redirect (“delv”, “on route”, “co-delivery”, etc) is the only surepost we make money on, and there is no way to stop only that stuff without turning off surepost in the system entirely
Yeah. Tell him! My district is the “Land of Milk and Honey” according to you. We make money in Metro Philly! All day!

542thruNthru

Yeah. Tell him! My district is the “Land of Milk and Honey” according to you. We make money in Metro Philly! All day!
tenor-31.gif

542thruNthru

Starting tomorrow: none of this is happening.
  • no surepost delivered
  • no sat ground, air only
  • no PT sups working on Sat, all are laid off, no exceptions, no personal days
  • all drivers working pay-actual on Sat, no exceptions, grievances ignored
  • probably no ground pickups, that's still under discussion
Carry on as normal.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Starting tomorrow: none of this is happening.
  • no surepost delivered
  • no sat ground, air only
  • no PT sups working on Sat, all are laid off, no exceptions, no personal days
  • all drivers working pay-actual on Sat, no exceptions, grievances ignored
  • probably no ground pickups, that's still under discussion
Carry on as normal.
I think the fact is all of this was discussed on a conference call though.

They may have chose not to go through with it this time but we all know they will eventually.

542thruNthru

I think the fact is all of this was discussed on a conference call though.

They may have chose not to go through with it this time but we all know they will eventually.

It was discussed. Even had a slide show.

Then they folded like a bunch of cheap suits.

At least in my area. I don't believe I have to say why.

Has to do with money. ;)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It was discussed. Even had a slide show.

Then they folded like a bunch of cheap suits.

At least in my area. I don't believe I have to say why.

Has to do with money. ;)
That’s gonna get sketchy real quick though.

What are they gonna do go back to being a regional carrier that only delivers in highly profitable areas?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
the rumor is nobody talked to transportation to realize how :censored2:ed up this would get
I got on a district call yesterday where they asked each planner where we could eliminate costs for today with the elimination of Saturday.

None of the dumb asses could comprehend that we still have to run the sorts tonight for Monday’s volume. Literally the only savings on the transportation side would be eliminating shifter hours on the preload. Otherwise the Saturday committed work is stuff that we would have moved whether the buildings had it or not. Zero cost savings.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I got on a district call yesterday where they asked each planner where we could eliminate costs for today with the elimination of Saturday.

None of the dumb asses could comprehend that we still have to run the sorts tonight for Monday’s volume. Literally the only savings on the transportation side would be eliminating shifter hours on the preload. Otherwise the Saturday committed work is stuff that we would have moved whether the buildings had it or not. Zero cost savings.
funny because that was one of the justifications for SGD in the first place, that it was zero cost on Transportation

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How about we just dig a giant pit behind every building and on the last day of every quarter we dump all the inbound packages into them, light them on fire, and lay all the drivers off for the day?
We wouldn’t actually have to pay the claims on the packages until the following quarter so we would look extra super awesome on the earnings report.
The only issue might be getting the fire started...because all the fuel pumps are padlocked.
Maybe we could give each one of you management people a hose and a bucket so that you could siphon enough gas out of your personal vehicles to get the fires lit. Yes, I know its money out of your own pockets, but your AMEX cards will work again on the 1st so it would only be a temporary sacrifice....

Last edited:

onewithedd

Even better, lay all hourly employees off for a three day weekend, EC all pkgs (after all the bottom line 1st qtr is an EMERGENCY CONDITION) not that we abuse EC anyhow, problem solved, no payroll no claims! It’s a win win for all!!