Q1 Cost Initiative - No Surepost, no Sat Ground, no Guarantees

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
B1C130C2-FAC0-4D7C-B325-1595A56BBA4D.jpeg
We work for idiots.
This is the best thinking they are capable of.
Padlocks.
On the gas pumps.

iowa boy

I think its a great idea to not fuel on the last Friday of the quarter. It saved the company a crapton of money to end the quarter, but will cost the company twice as much the following Monday for everyone to fuel their vehicles in the morning and at night. Absolutely wonderful cost saving initiative by our beloved company. But I still got my dividend check 2 weeks ago...

And chances are we will all being doing this charade again in three months.

Dr.Brownz

Your bosses are corrupt idiots.
They are defrauding investors with these stupid number games.
We were warned that the fuel pumps will be padlocked on Friday.
Padlocked fuel pumps. For a delivery company. That is what passes for “leadership” at UPS today.

Did they follow through with it? I fueled up today after they tried to say there would be no fueling today

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If certain things aren’t profitable than why do them? Just to compete with Amazon?

Doesn’t make sense imo
depends who can convince who that’s its profitable

there are a lot of competitive powerpoint wizards at the Corp level, some of their ideas are total :censored2:, some are good; 50/50 chance which will get chosen

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also, is this level of psychotic cost cutting the norm, among publicly traded companies? What if the Wall Street journal reported on how the nation's largest "logistics" company did not fuel their entire fleet of vehicles, among many others cost cutting measures, on the day before the quarter ends. Just to fudge the numbers.

Superteeth2478

I think its a great idea to not fuel on the last Friday of the quarter. It saved the company a crapton of money to end the quarter, but will cost the company twice as much the following Monday for everyone to fuel their vehicles in the morning and at night. Absolutely wonderful cost saving initiative by our beloved company. But I still got my dividend check 2 weeks ago...

And chances are we will all being doing this charade again in three months.
I'm guessing that it's a guarantee that we'll be doing this again in three months. Pushing all these costs into the 2nd quarter will make the 2nd quarter look fat in comparison to the 1st quarter, so the bright idea to even it out will be to push 2nd quarter's costs into the 3rd quarter...and so on and so forth until UPS drives itself into the ground.

Poop Head

Judge me.
If you have to play games to make financial reports look good, your business is in trouble.
I'd like to think the reports would look good without all this extra hoopla. Why try to make them appear "better" to outsiders? Talk about honesty and integrity

slaveofbigbrown

Sat ground @RI building is getting chopped. They wanted to end it this week but like what was said it was to late in the week.

No more early start on mondays also.