Question about bid sheet.

UrFellowUpser

So I dont have to worry about a manual transmission when i take the road test?

Attachments

• 20160907_110312.jpg
    20160907_110312.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 288

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Yes you do. They will find the :censored2:tiest oldest crap wagon in the center to test you in. Learn how to drive stick its a job requirement

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I see nothing in there about type of transmission. A good third of our cars are manual shift. You really need to learn what a clutch pedal is.

Johney

I see nothing in there about type of transmission. A good third of our cars are manual shift. You really need to learn what a clutch pedal is.
Again...P600? Whether they have them or not, P600 means manual transmission I assure you.

Johney

Whether you are trained,tested or certified on an automatic transmission you will be expected to know how to drive a manual....period.

UrFellowUpser

Just curious i do know how to drive a manual transmission. Been practicing in one with the preload sup for like 2 months now. Its been in a p1000 though

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even if you test on a automatic. One day you show up to drive. Your automatic is replaced with a stickshift.. now what....

Learn to drive stick....

How do you propose that they do that? It is nearly impossible to rent a vehicle of comparable size that has a manual transmission.

It has been at least 10-15 years since I have driven a stick. It would take me a few minutes to get used to it again.

My son told me that his roommate recently bought a new car that is manual transmission but did not know how to drive a stick. Thankfully I had the foresight to teach him and his sister how to drive a stick and he was able to show his roommate how to drive his new car in less than 15 minutes.

Johney

How do you propose that they do that? It is nearly impossible to rent a vehicle of comparable size that has a manual transmission.

It has been at least 10-15 years since I have driven a stick. It would take me a few minutes to get used to it again.

My son told me that his roommate recently bought a new car that is manual transmission but did not know how to drive a stick. Thankfully I had the foresight to teach him and his sister how to drive a stick and he was able to show his roommate how to drive his new car in less than 15 minutes.
If there are any manual transmission cars in the op's ctr then this person needs to know how to drive a manual transmission.