bowhnterdon

Article XII section 2 (D). I didn’t have all the info correct. If less than half vote,we need a 2/3 majority no votes to shoot it down. Let us know what you think,I could be wrong..

bowhnterdon

Well, I gave you a chance. You are an A hole. And a smug one at that. 35 years as a Teamster and see what the problem is. You don’t follow and kiss Juniors ass, then you are wrong and mis-informed. You belittle everyone who doesn’t subscribe to your point of view. The old line of you are with us or against us definitely applies to the Teamsters. The real Winner is UPS..

Last edited:

browndevil

I dont know excatly how things work also dont know why sometimes spell check works and it doesnt. So by all accounts so far it looks like hoffa and the other guy are selling us down the river. Lets say they do and we vote to strike. Lets say its a huge vote for yes or its just a vote for yes. Can those two worthless pos.s force the contract nationwide anyway? Can we be forced by them to go back to work? Can they say go back to work or loose your job? Do we as members nationwide have any actual power of things get bad between us and the leadership?
Selling us down the river? Are you privy to any contract proposals that we aren't?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hoffa that you?
I doubt it. The cell reception is lousy on the back nine.
wp-TJN-TheLohudGolfBlog-6510-CellPhoneStop.jpg

Observer

I predict it will be like last contract. Work beyond the contract ending date and after about a year - it will be presented as "best contract ever" and Hoffa will sign on the dotted line. Then the topic will be when does everyone get their retro pay. I REALLY wish Hoffa would retire. He is grossly overpaid for his services to the members. Is he like a supreme court judge where they die in office or voluntarily retire? Just wondering? They should have the proposed contract copy ready for the masses to vote on. How the meetings are scheduled are a joke. Why aren't the locals meeting with their members during the summer prior to July 31st? This is not the time to not have meetings-oh well this is going to be a one LONG summer.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sean O’Brien will be the next president of the teamsters and it will the start of a new day for this union....too bad we have to wait a few years for this but the wait will be worth it....

postaldrone

Looks like someone is willing to accept UPS's "Last, best, and final offer."

This company needs a reality check this August. Hell, all management does is live in fantasyland with made-up numbers, new (but already waaaay outdated) technology that they think will make us more productive, and quite frankly the day-day harassment is out of hand.

It seems like half the people on here think the robots are coming to take over our jobs and save the world and deliver every package twice as fast at half the cost. If that day comes, which it won't, UPS would screw that up as well.

If the contract give concessions, etc. vote no and if we need to strike for better working conditions, pay, etc. then that's what we need to do. 60 days left and the clock is ticking.

Looks like someone is willing to accept UPS's "Last, best, and final offer."

This company needs a reality check this August. Hell, all management does is live in fantasyland with made-up numbers, new (but already waaaay outdated) technology that they think will make us more productive, and quite frankly the day-day harassment is out of hand.

It seems like half the people on here think the robots are coming to take over our jobs and save the world and deliver every package twice as fast at half the cost. If that day comes, which it won't, UPS would screw that up as well.

If the contract give concessions, etc. vote no and if we need to strike for better working conditions, pay, etc. then that's what we need to do. 60 days left and the clock is ticking.

postaldrone

The "company" that delivers UPS packages their last mile received a gift in 2010 courtesy of the national union president approving the two-tier wage structure hiring support employees at almost half of what older-timers made and with less benefits. As a result, those with more seniority have been treated beyond horribly on daily basis in order to get them to retire. The newer hires are treated like royalty and from what I have witnessed, do not have to work much. They are free to roam the halls and spend as much time as they want on their phones and no one says a word to them. In my opinion, that was the worst contract that was ever negotiated. For those that did not vote in favor of it back then, all of the I-told-you-so's did not make working conditions any more bearable. The two-tier wage structure that UPS wants to put in place has already been tried and it has been a miserable failure from an employee standpoint. It has already been implemented at the "company" and with the UAW as well. It pits workers against one another and the day to day is a nightmare.