Question for drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm glad you put mistakes in parentheses because, as preloaders, as long as that package is on the truck, we don't make mistakes.. and I wasn't talking about the turnover rate, I meant it in the sense that everyday you walk by who would be your replacement, preloaders don't.
You walk past far more preloaders who will replace you than they do.

Our preload turnover last year 62%
Our driver turnover last year 0%

DoMorePayLessUPS

How hard can it be to log into a message board and troll successfully? Apparently difficult for you.
maxresdefault.jpg

Who's trolling?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Drivers, as a preloader, I wonder, why do you all insist on being complete and total a s sholes? We're busting our ass all morning while you all dream away, for not even half of what you all make, and you all come in and bitch and complain for 20 minutes. Many of you start making that $ and completely forget that you were once in our shoes. Just keep this one thing in mind, drivers: you're 100% more replaceable than we preloaders are.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm glad you put mistakes in parentheses because, as preloaders, as long as that package is on the truck, we don't make mistakes.. and I wasn't talking about the turnover rate, I meant it in the sense that everyday you walk by who would be your replacement, preloaders don't.
Very true; much more of an obstacle than taking the packages off the truck vs. putting them all on..
Looks calm? Everyday is an obstacle as a preloader. You're on the same route everyday as a driver
Oh Boo hoo! :'(

I know how it is, no need to complain about it.
Something tells me that if you can make it as a preloader, you can make it as a driver
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1455853699.931578.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Cheese and :censored2: crackers this thread can't be serious. As a PT driver, I actively do both drive AND preload frequently from one day to the next, so I have a pretty valid opinion when I tell you that stress on preload don't even freaking compare.

On the preload I bust my ass for four hours and go home at 8:30 in the morning. When I drive, I come in without the slightest clue as to what I'm getting into or when I'm getting home, and virtually zero control over my workload. I spend the day balancing commits on 120+ deliveries and pickups all the while under the gun of traffic and weather while having every aspect of my day tracked in an arbitrary report.

NEVER has the preload tightened the back of my neck quite like driving can. I may physically work harder on preload, but the mental strain and tension is nonexistent by comparison. If I could work AM/PM for the same wage as driving, I would take that every day of the week. If you think preload's that rough, one day on a package car would eat you alive.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Sorry, we don't all make $1,000+/wk to drive around dropping boxes off
Awww. Somebody's jealous. Oh and it's way more than $1000/week. Get it right if you're trying to be condescending.

It would probably really piss you off if you saw my wife's check each week. She makes 3-4x what I do.

How's your moms basement looking?

DoMorePayLessUPS

Talk to me about stress when you have to deal with damn near 20 boxes on the belt at the same time that you're somehow expected to basically grab at once while your supervisor is staring at you and yelling from 2 feet away.

Status
Not open for further replies.