Question for drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoMorePayLessUPS

Awww. Somebody's jealous. Oh and it's way more than $1000/week. Get it right if you're trying to be condescending.

It would probably really piss you off if you saw my wife's check each week. She makes 3-4x what I do.

How's your moms basement looking?

I'll never be jealous of what another man makes. If that was the case, why be jealous of what a UPS driver makes when there's Bill Gates out there?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Talk to me about stress when you have to deal with damn near 20 boxes on the belt at the same time that you're somehow expected to basically grab at once while your supervisor is staring at you and yelling from 2 feet away.
image.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Talk to me about stress when you have to deal with damn near 20 boxes on the belt at the same time that you're somehow expected to basically grab at once while your supervisor is staring at you and yelling from 2 feet away.
Dude you don't understand we've been there done that.

2 years on the preload for me. A freaking walk in the park compared to driving.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Oh, it is much worse being a UPS driver. Nobody works harder. And everyone else gets more time off.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Talk to me when you walk into a bricked out truck loaded by Hellen Keller whose IDGAF attitude just made the day go from a 9 hour day, to an 11 hour day.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Most of us just did.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
4g's a week. Nice catch bro hammer!
Lol. We got married when she was starting out after school and before her career took off.

We always joke about how we loved each other before the money and security came.

I would be with her and my kids no matter what we had for income. She is why I don't get stressed at ups all these years.

I know who I'm coming home to each night.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hey, he probably didn't come in with that attitude. The flow, load, and supervisors probably made it that way.
Here's the problem. You blame everybody else for the problems, but don't take responsibility for your actions. You should be looking at your drivers as partners. What you do affects their day. Instead, you say screw the supervisors, screw the drivers. That's fine, but you know what the supervisor is going to say when it comes time for you to "replace" that driver? Screw that guy, he can't get it done and doesn't care.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Umm we all did it. And as drivers we still have to do it after PCM when we have to load our stacked out car from preloaders like you.

PT Car Washer

Sorry, we don't all make $1,000+/wk to drive around dropping boxes off
Gross is more like $2,000 a week. 35 years ago drivers also complained to the preloader about how many stops they had that day. Load quality was not really an issue and misloads were almost unknown. Almost all of the drivers complaints are management decision's but you take the hit for it. Always have and always will.

Box Ox

Sorry, we don't all make $1,000+/wk to drive around dropping boxes off

So you know as much about the job as someone who's never even worked for UPS. That's a real credibility buster when you're trying to make a valid point to fellow UPSers.

It'll always be stressful until you learn how to play the game. Sounds like an unsafe situation. Shut it down. And you're being yelled at. You're a union man, not a dog.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Lol. We got married when she was starting out after school and before her career took off.

We always joke about how we loved each other before the money and security came.

I would be with her and my kids no matter what we had for income. She is why I don't get stressed at ups all these years.

EeWfX.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

I'm happy for you brother.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Here's the problem. You blame everybody else for the problems, but don't take responsibility for your actions. You should be looking at your drivers as partners. What you do affects their day. Instead, you say screw the supervisors, screw the drivers. That's fine, but you know what the supervisor is going to say when it comes time for you to "replace" that driver? Screw that guy, he can't get it done and doesn't care.
Lol

Orion inc.

I like turtles

This right here is a good way of looking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.