Sebastianups

I recently started working at UPS, earlier this semester. I am going to school 2 hours away from home, and love the benefits from this job. I'm supposed to be rewarded $3,500 from the program when I get my final grades this semester. However, I am not going to be able to stay during the winter break. My winter break is about a month long. From approximately, Dec. 20- January 20. I asked HR today if it was possible for me to leave for a month or be transferred somewhere else. They simply said no. I love this job at UPS, but the only reason I applied for this job was for the tuition assistance. Does anyone know when or how long it takes for the check to be mailed after you upload your grades? Although I love this job, there is no way for me to stay in town for an additional month. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, as to what I can do? I really want to keep my job, but I can understand if there is no way for me to keep it. However, what is most important to me, is that I receive the tuition assistance check. I really need this check to continue going to school. Will UPS still send the check if I quit my job ahead of time? Please let me know what I should do, thanks.

Box Ox

From approximately, Dec. 20- January 20. I asked HR today if it was possible for me to leave for a month or be transferred somewhere else

1489661766-giphy.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I recently started working at UPS, earlier this semester. I am going to school 2 hours away from home, and love the benefits from this job. I'm supposed to be rewarded $3,500 from the program when I get my final grades this semester. However, I am not going to be able to stay during the winter break. My winter break is about a month long. From approximately, Dec. 20- January 20. I asked HR today if it was possible for me to leave for a month or be transferred somewhere else. They simply said no. I love this job at UPS, but the only reason I applied for this job was for the tuition assistance. Does anyone know when or how long it takes for the check to be mailed after you upload your grades? Although I love this job, there is no way for me to stay in town for an additional month. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions, as to what I can do? I really want to keep my job, but I can understand if there is no way for me to keep it. However, what is most important to me, is that I receive the tuition assistance check. I really need this check to continue going to school. Will UPS still send the check if I quit my job ahead of time? Please let me know what I should do, thanks.

You can’t be serious

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I know it seems ridiculous, I just want to know how long it takes for the check to be sent out, because depending on when I get my grades back, I may be able to stay in town for an extra few days until I get the check.

Yeah I got a feeling when ups figures out you’ve flown the coop

They might not wanna give up that money

Who knows

Sebastianups

UPDATE: So I just applied for Winter recess housing in my dorm, and if I get it I'll be able to stay at school during the winter break. However I would have to call out for 1 week in January, from the 8th-16th, because of a family reunion that I agreed to go to. In total thats about 7 days that I would need to call out! How would I go about requesting those days off in advance? And how many call outs am I permitted? I know several people that I work with who have missed over 7 days of work in the same time span that I have worked there. Would this be a problem or does it seem like I have a good chance at getting those days off/ calling out?