Question regarding Weingarten Rights

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So quick question.

How were you in the office when the discipline was happening?

Because one of two things is true here. Either you were on the receiving end of the discipline.
Or you are lying.

You wouldn't be in the office while an employee was being disciplined unless no steward was available, and the disciplinee chose you as their hourly witness.

But you've already said the steward was there, so I ask. Were you getting written up, or are you lying?
You overlooked one other possibility, that maybe @qdg2 was actually the steward in the room in these situations?

qdg2

So quick question.

How were you in the office when the discipline was happening?

Because one of two things is true here. Either you were on the receiving end of the discipline.
Or you are lying.

You wouldn't be in the office while an employee was being disciplined unless no steward was available, and the disciplinee chose you as their hourly witness.

But you've already said the steward was there, so I ask. Were you getting written up, or are you lying?
I said my experience. Didn't I? Of course I was written up. 42 years at UPS is a lot of opportunities......I've never said otherwise.

Do you have a point? What's going on here?

BTW, I have been a "witness'....

So, unless what?

Now, you are personally attacking my credibility and therefore integrity.....why?

A lot of folks get banned and warned for such..."don't make it personal".....antagonistic too.....

By the way....I've been in the office within sight and earshot of many disciplinary "hearings" and actions. From verbal to written.
We didn't have a conference room nearby.....doors weren't always shut and other business was being conducted....right there. Saw plenty of shouting and arguing right in the open.

Now, call me a liar.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I said my experience. Didn't I? Of course I was written up. 42 years at UPS is a lot of opportunities......I've never said otherwise.

So, unless what?

Now, you are personally attacking my credibility and therefore integrity.....why?

A lot of folks get banned and warned for such..."don't make it personal".....antagonistic too.....

By the way....I've been in the office within sight and earshot of many disciplinary "hearings" and actions. From verbal to written.
We didn't have a conference room nearby.....doors weren't always shut and other business was being conducted....right there. Saw plenty of shouting and arguing right in the open.

Now, call me a liar.
You're coming after the union with your posts.

Attacking the process, and trying to discredit a system that you clearly do not understand, or appreciate.

I think you're full of it.
When new people come onto this site, and see bloviation about the inaction and impotence of the union, it's not fair, and it disenfranchises the members.

I think you've got a grudge, or an agenda, and I think you're willing to get creative with your "experiences" to fit that narrative.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

So, unless what?

Now, call me a liar.
Liar

qdg2

You're coming after the union with your posts.

Attacking the process, and trying to discredit a system that you clearly do not understand, or appreciate.

I think you're full of it.
When new people come onto this site, and see bloviation about the inaction and impotence of the union, it's not fair, and it disenfranchises the members.

I think you've got a grudge, or an agenda, and I think you're willing to get creative with your "experiences" to fit that narrative.
"I think"(don't know)(absolutely ZERO proof).

"I think"(don't know)(samesame^^^^^^^^^). I think you are full of it.

I'm just an observer and reporter.

My statements stand. They absolutely happened.

I have no more or less credibility than you or anyone else here.

"Coming after the union"......system...where did I say that?

I'm actually a product of the "system" and have said so-here.

When new people come onto this site and see the bias and absolute abuse and bloviation of the small, core group......OMG this is R I C H.....

Say, you sure are defensive......and I wasn't even talking to you. Yet, you attack.

I believe the forum is- UPS Union Issues. Not Pro-Union views only.....Not biased Pro-Union views only(true or not, real or not).

So peculiar.

Now, you've called me a liar. Prove it. You've smeared me publicly. WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF.

There is no shortage of complaints about the union here.....why do you think that is? The impotence(as you say)(not my words).....it is what it is.

You publicly call people liars...having never met them........without zero proof and pure speculation.....and yet publicly criticize others here for the same or being "aggressive". I'd appreciate some fairness.....especially from a BC Official.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
"I think"(don't know)(absolutely ZERO proof).

"I think"(don't know)(samesame^^^^^^^^^). I think you are full of it.

I'm just an observer and reporter.

My statements stand. They absolutely happened.

I have no more or less credibility than you or anyone else here.

"Coming after the union"......system...where did I say that?

I'm actually a product of the "system" and have said so-here.

When new people come onto this site and see the bias and absolute abuse and bloviation of the small, core group......OMG this is R I C H.....

Say, you sure are defensive......and I wasn't even talking to you. Yet, you attack.

I believe the forum is- UPS Union Issues. Not Pro-Union views only.....Not biased Pro-Union views only(true or not, real or not).

So peculiar.

Now, you've called me a liar. Prove it. You've smeared me publicly. WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF.

There is no shortage of complaints about the union here.....why do you think that is? The impotence(as you say)(not my words).....it is what it is.

You publicly call people liars...having never met them........without zero proof and pure speculation.....and yet publicly criticize others here for the same or being "aggressive". I'd appreciate some fairness.....especially from a BC Official.
Liar

qdg2

Or....

He is the brownnose "safety person" recounting what he heard from his management buddies.
What is interesting.....

Around here, they had stewards running the safety committee's.

Problem was....the stewards (here)(don't know about ANYWHERE else) were so far up mgt.'s butt....couldn't tell if they had been promoted. Yeah.....that bad. No? Oh yes........and EVERYONE KNEW IT. Yes, some of the highest seniority guys with a couple young ones in training.

Brownnose.....you bet.....vaunted "stewards". My agenda? Hardly. This went on in plain sight....still going on. Hell, one of em retired and is working for mgt. in retirement right now!

I sat in many safety meetings and watched this go on. So much so....I quit going. Bootlicking doesn't even begin to describe it.

No? Absolutely. See, this oh so cozy arrangement nets much office time. Meetings, lot's of fried chicken and pizza.....lot's of A/C. Golf carts....

I've been accused of not understanding the "system"......well, just about anyone understands this "system"^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

qdg2

Oh?
What is interesting.....

Problem was....the stewards (here)(don't know about ANYWHERE else) were so far up mgt.'s butt....couldn't tell if they had been promoted. Yeah.....that bad. No? Oh yes........and EVERYONE KNEW IT. Yes, some of the highest seniority guys with a couple young ones in training.

Brownnose.....you bet.....vaunted "stewards". My agenda? Hardly. This went on in plain sight....still going on. Hell, one of em retired and is working for mgt. in retirement right now!

I sat in many safety meetings and watched this go on. So much so....I quit going. Bootlicking doesn't even begin to describe it.

No? Absolutely. See, this oh so cozy arrangement nets much office time. Meetings, lot's of fried chicken and pizza.....lot's of A/C. Golf carts....

I've been accused of not understanding the "system"......well, just about anyone understands this "system"^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What is interesting.....

Mmm.... OK

Pics of what?

Your plane, corvette, pilots license.... etc.

(I can't be the only one ;))

qdg2

Mmm.... OK

Your plane, corvette, pilots license.... etc.

(I can't be the only one ;))
Mmm....OK

Get some counseling on that jealousy stuff.

What do you do with that fat union salary? I always had way more than plenty(money).....

Need some financial advice?

I hear Upstate does taxes....