Question - Wedge Sole Boots Allowed

CodyB91

Can we wear Thorogood's work boots with a wedge sole? ($200 pair of boots, so now I'm worried to get them dirty aka wear them around to break em in before work.) I've always preferred this boot because the wedge sole is was easier on the feet and gives better traction. So didn't think anything of it to buy a new pair for UPS that ill be starting tomorrow night. (Google Thorogood Work Boots and you will see an example of Wedge Sole.) I don't see it being a big deal since they'd be idea for the work but for whatever reason I am worried about it.

Position: Package Handler

trickpony1

I don't think they care what you wear as a preloader.

Why don't you google the work boot and post a link...it isn't difficult.

SmithBarney

Yup Googled Wedge Boots, yup these will work just fine

x3vqso-l-610x610-shoes-boots-wedges-timberland-heels-brown-timberland+wedge+boots-timberland+style+thick+heel+boots-timberlands-timberlands+heels-timberland+boots+shoes-casual+style-does+come+timbe.jpg

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Can we wear Thorogood's work boots with a wedge sole? ($200 pair of boots, so now I'm worried to get them dirty aka wear them around to break em in before work.) I've always preferred this boot because the wedge sole is was easier on the feet and gives better traction. So didn't think anything of it to buy a new pair for UPS that ill be starting tomorrow night. (Google Thorogood Work Boots and you will see an example of Wedge Sole.) I don't see it being a big deal since they'd be idea for the work but for whatever reason I am worried about it.

Position: Package Handler
That's exactly what I wear as a driver. Best boots on the planet. I prefer wedge soles so you dont catch your heel on stuff and trip. Also their oil and slip resistant soles are the best in the business.

trickpony1

I wore a pair of sneakers last week and was told that osha is going to start cracking down on sneakers....

The company has an annoying habit of saying OSHA is going to do something...when they are not.

Years ago, signs instantly appeared in the hub, centers and feeders saying,"...OSHA has reinterpreted the language and implemented a higher standard regarding footwear"...requiring boots.

A driver took one of these signs down to the local OSHA office and asked about it. The OSHA rep read it and asked if he could let his supervisor see it. The rep came back and said, "my supervisor doesn't know anything about it."

The company can post signs saying, "OSHA says...." knowing it doesn't require a shred of evidence.

I'm not sure which I hate more...a liar or a thief.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The company has an annoying habit of saying OSHA is going to do something...when they are not.

Years ago, signs instantly appeared in the hub, centers and feeders saying,"...OSHA has reinterpreted the language and implemented a higher standard regarding footwear"...requiring boots.

A driver took one of these signs down to the local OSHA office and asked about it. The OSHA rep read it and asked if he could let his supervisor see it. The rep came back and said, "my supervisor doesn't know anything about it."

The company can post signs saying, "OSHA says...." knowing it doesn't require a shred of evidence.

I'm not sure which I hate more...a liar or a thief.
We get fired for “dishonesty “. They get promoted for it....

Yolo

I wore a pair of sneakers last week and was told that osha is going to start cracking down on sneakers and that safety will be doing weekly walkthroughs to see who's not wearing boots and writing their names down

Start taking pictures of all the safety issues and send them to OSHA.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
3424B146-E1BC-491B-B48E-E4E1B13D215F.jpeg
These work well for me.. black does not show the grease and they protect the legs from slag when cutting with the torch