Yeah man that sucks. I do not think they can work around a ticket. Some seniority drivers here might be able to let you know if they have ever seen that happen. We had two drivers in our center miss out this year for speeding tickets. One guy who just passed his 30 had to wait a year for a seatbelt ticket. I am pretty sure they cannot go around them. You are in the door already, I am sure they will take care of you down the road.
Yeah, they confirmed they can’t/ won’t. I get it. I was expecting to wait until they called me a couple weeks ago, saying they would work around it hah. Set me up with a road test and physical and everything. Atleast I’ll be ready to go when i am eligible and a spot is open....

Smokeylt

I’ve got the 5’s and started working on the 10’s. Doesn’t seem too bad considering they are just like the 5’s but more detailed. Drivers from my hub have been giving me the acronyms and number tricks to remember the 10’s so I feel pretty good about those. Someone from my hub went this week and said they weren’t all that strict with it and was done by Thursday at noon. I guess we’ll see
Hey Browneyedgirl2, any chance of getting a copy of those acronyms and tips to this new hire

Smokeylt

Had my driving test on Monday and completed my background questionnaire That same day right before all of their lines were cut and have not heard anything back. Generally I am cleared within 24-48 hours.I called the number at HR several times but got a recording. Do they let you know either way or only if you are hired?
Thanks and look forward to joining you soon.

Had my driving test on Monday and completed my background questionnaire That same day right before all of their lines were cut and have not heard anything back. Generally I am cleared within 24-48 hours.I called the number at HR several times but got a recording. Do they let you know either way or only if you are hired?
Thanks and look forward to joining you soon.
Have you done a DOT physical? They day I did my road test they sent me to get a physical, then after getting my card set me up for class the next week.

Are you an outside hire? If you work in the hub just stop in the HR office

newolddude

Of the 5's how much has to be word for word? All of it or part?
"Aim high in steering. Imaginary target-baseball/dartboard. Centers car in traffic lane: safe path on turns. Remember: Find a safe path well ahead" Or is it just the "Aim high in steering", "Get the big picture" "Keep your eyes moving"....

I'm concerned because I'm not good on wrote memorization.

Of the 5's how much has to be word for word? All of it or part?
"Aim high in steering. Imaginary target-baseball/dartboard. Centers car in traffic lane: safe path on turns. Remember: Find a safe path well ahead" Or is it just the "Aim high in steering", "Get the big picture" "Keep your eyes moving"....

I'm concerned because I'm not good on wrote memorization.
Literally all of it, down to the letter. If you write or say "horns" when it's supposed to be "horn" you fail. Try again tomorrow. If you need too many tomorrows, you get to try again next year.

And it's "rote" memory.

Hope all of this helps.

any chance there’s some sort of mileage reimbursement for this? It’s pretty far for me to do the class probably over 50 mi. And God knows gas is outrageous right now