Quitting Air Driving, but remaining Preloader?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
My understanding is that you are a preloader who volunteers to do air driving, you can pull your name off the list and should not affect your preload job as you should be classified a preloader, not an air driver. But you might not get that opportunity to drive again for a while if you decided to do it again

CoolStoryBro

Tell them that you are done.
If they insist that you keep driving. Then get a "second job" which will interfere with hours of service rules.

You can also grow a beard. That's the tried and true method around here.

trickpony1

Ever heard of HIPAA?

I've heard of HIPPA.
I've also heard of a driver that needed a day off so he called in saying he hurt his back moving a freezer. He saw that in his medical file later.

I've also heard/seen the paperwork that one signs when getting a DOT card. It states, in part, that information can be released...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've heard of HIPPA.
I've also heard of a driver that needed a day off so he called in saying he hurt his back moving a freezer. He saw that in his medical file later.
That's just plain dumb, unless this is in one of the few areas that still have compensable "sick days", even then it's still not a caveat necessary for a day off.
That being said, while it would certainly be part of his jacket at UPS and would certainly be used against him if he were to claim a workplace injury to his back subsequent, UPS would still be prohibited from sharing that information with any other company or individual.
I've also heard/seen the paperwork that one signs when getting a DOT card. It states, in part, that information can be released...
Can be "released" to the employer that is requiring the DOT physical, not future employers, with the possible exception of those requiring a subsequent DOT certification (I honestly don't know).

Bottom line is that I was suggesting it as a slapstick resolution to what is certainly easily remedied by this person telling the Company that they are no longer going to drive air.
It's really that simple.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
That's just plain dumb, unless this is in one of the few areas that still have compensable "sick days", even then it's still not a caveat necessary for a day off.
That being said, while it would certainly be part of his jacket at UPS and would certainly be used against him if he were to claim a workplace injury to his back subsequent, UPS would still be prohibited from sharing that information with any other company or individual.

Can be "released" to the employer that is requiring the DOT physical, not future employers, with the possible exception of those requiring a subsequent DOT certification (I honestly don't know).

Bottom line is that I was suggesting it as a slapstick resolution to what is certainly easily remedied by this person telling the Company that they are no longer going to drive air.
It's really that simple.
After the beating @MyTripisCut gave you in fantasy football I could see where you may not be on your "A" game