Quitting Air Driving, but remaining Preloader?

SP68

I am currently a part time preloader and air driver. They periodically pull me off the sort to deliver EAMs with hardly any notice and I work Monday - Saturday.

I do not wish to continue air driving, but I still want to work the preload Monday - Friday. Is it possible for me to quit air driving and remain on preload? I am not sure what my classification is, I can't find it. They have switched it around multiple times though.

I am a student who is graduating in May and wish to focus on this last semester of school (which also means I will be leaving this summer, which they know). Working 6 days a week and the added stress of delivering random EAMs is not something I want to do anymore. Is this going to be possible for me to do? And how do I go about it?

I am currently a part time preloader and air driver. They periodically pull me off the sort to deliver EAMs with hardly any notice and I work Monday - Saturday.

I do not wish to continue air driving, but I still want to work the preload Monday - Friday. Is it possible for me to quit air driving and remain on preload? I am not sure what my classification is, I can't find it. They have switched it around multiple times though.

I am a student who is graduating in May and wish to focus on this last semester of school (which also means I will be leaving this summer, which they know). Working 6 days a week and the added stress of delivering random EAMs is not something I want to do anymore. Is this going to be possible for me to do? And how do I go about it?
Did you bid the air driving job?

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
They should have other Air drivers or people that can do or want to do that job. Just tell them you other responsibilities and can't do it. If they know you're leaving this summer, then they should want to train somebody else anyway. Don't listen to your supervisors. They are non-union and could give a turd about you. Ask the union steward if you feel like it's gonna be a problem

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Forget your uniform a few times.

SP68

Did you talk to your supervisor?

I have not about this specifically. I've mentioned before that I cannot do the EAM deliveries during the week because I have classes shortly after the sort, but they still always ask me to do it. I didn't go to them yet because I didn't even know if it was an option for me to quit part of my job and keep the other half.

SP68

I thought people killed to get an air driver job?

Nobody at my center wants to do it because Air Drivers here only work Saturdays and make EAM deliveries during the week. After that, they have no other work for Air Drivers, except for the one who has been there for ages.

I have not about this specifically. I've mentioned before that I cannot do the EAM deliveries during the week because I have classes shortly after the sort, but they still always ask me to do it. I didn't go to them yet because I didn't even know if it was an option for me to quit part of my job and keep the other half.
I would have s chat with him and explain why I couldn't drive anymore

rod

Retired 22 years
Nobody at my center wants to do it because Air Drivers here only work Saturdays and make EAM deliveries during the week. After that, they have no other work for Air Drivers, except for the one who has been there for ages.
if nobody want to do it anymore guess whos going to end up with it? Not the senior driver

PT Car Washer

Tear up your DOT card and turn in your uniforms. We have had several people DQ themselves from Air exception driving for various reasons. Still kept their regular PT job.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just resign from air driving (and air driving only) in writing. How much notice you must give may vary, but I did something similar and had to give 60 days notice. You may also have a minimum amount of time you must remain an air driver, something like 6 months or a year, as it costs the company money to train you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Has anybody ever told you that you snore??? (serious question)

...if so, it may be helpful.

Box Ox

I believe so, but don't remember entirely. I don't know the exact terminology, but i've been told im classified as a mix between insider and air driver.

Don’t let management blow smoke up your as* telling you you’re a “mix” and you have an obligation to keep running 5E air exception stuff. You don’t. Your classification is PT inside.