Raise in new contract

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is the part that most people are missing
We need a dollar an hour raise you'll probably get another dollar an hour put into the pension to the healthcare so it's a lot more than a dollar.

In case you have a notice UPS is quite expensive.
That's why we don't get all the Valentine's Day flowers and Mother's Day flowers like they used to because all these gig jobs are delivering that stuff.

I'm not saying we don't deserve the money because we do but there is a limit
The company is buying back 3 billion in stock this year. While also gladly paying a tax on those buybacks. That 3 billion more than covers inflation raises plus H&W increases.

Ups has been crying poor and we make too much since the day they went public. Yet here we still are raking in record profits while employees have bought into the oh we make so much we will price ourselves out myth.

Thebrownblob

The company is buying back 3 billion in stock this year. While also gladly paying a tax on those buybacks. That 3 billion more than covers inflation raises plus H&W increases.

Ups has been crying poor and we make too much since the day they went public. Yet here we still are raking in record profits while employees have bought into the oh we make so much we will price ourselves out myth.
I don’t think anyone here saying we make too much I’m simply stating I don’t think our negotiating team is going to get more than that🤷‍♂️, if they do great if they don’t and they approve the contract, then we will be voting against the company and the union. Or maybe the union will tell us it’s a strike issue although they haven’t said anything like that so far about money for full-time employees. My comments were simply based on what I’m hearing so far from the negotiating team.

I honestly think they are trying to force a strike hoping that the membership is weak.
They definitely have a ton of cash especially after resident evident over 60% in the past year and are paying at 5.4 billion dollars a year.

It's like who got the biggest set of balls here right now is what it's come down to

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don’t think anyone here saying we make too much I’m simply stating I don’t think our negotiating team is going to get more than that🤷‍♂️, if they do great if they don’t and they approve the contract, then we will be voting against the company and the union. Or maybe the union will tell us it’s a strike issue although they haven’t said anything like that so far about money for full-time employees. My comments were simply based on what I’m hearing so far from the negotiating team.
I’m just responding to what expectations should be.

We all lost 4-5 bucks off our pay rate the last few years to inflation. While the company made an insane amount of money. Yes I think everyone’s expectation should be bare min we get back to a 2018 inflation adjusted rate on august 1 2023.

Mlody

I think they'll be a bigger raise for the part-timers than the full-timers.

Yes we lost some purchasing power over the last couple years but compared to many other people sometimes we forget what we have
You kidding right? Working 10 hour days in and out of the trick 190 times a day. Yea we forgot...give me a 4$minimum catch up raise to start