Raise in new contract

Thebrownblob

Sorry, this is the best way to deal with that guy
1684285269938.png

100%

We’re in the middle of May and we haven’t heard anything about what this negotiating team is pushing for as far as raises. I find that a little curious. Makes me think it will be much closer to the standard 2 to 4% raises we usually receive. I could be wrong though.
First contract? We should have walked in all of mine. So yea, I know we should be walking august 1.

100%

We’re in the middle of May and we haven’t heard anything about what this negotiating team is pushing for as far as raises. I find that a little curious. Makes me think it will be much closer to the standard 2 to 4% raises we usually receive. I could be wrong though.
No one will be voting for your 2-4% pay cut. We’ve had 14 years of inflation in 2 years and someone says 2% raise?????? Jesus Christ save us all!

100%

That is correct and the negotiating team has not been silent about that part. That’s why I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the full-time raises. The full timers will get some better language on issues, but monetarily, I think we come out on the short end of the stick. Hope I’m wrong and I hope I’m surprised.
I have people I work with that think we will be at $50 an hour August 1 lol I don’t see that happening.
Sucks for PTs then bc they don’t vote. Your coworkers are basically telling you where we should be($50).

Thebrownblob

First contract? We should have walked in all of mine. So yea, I know we should be walking august 1.
No, I think this is my sixth contract, but we’re not getting 8 to 12% Raises. The last two strike votes were pathetic. Perhaps it was because of the leader ship if there’s a strike vote this year it will be interesting to see the percentage if they allow us to.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anything that doesn’t keep up with inflation is a pay cut.

The question was simply why people are expecting so much
What is the annual inflation rate going to be for the next 5 years?

Are you proposing that we just go with a COLA based raise structure and abandon defined raises in this contract?

This is the part that most people are missing
We need a dollar an hour raise you'll probably get another dollar an hour put into the pension to the healthcare so it's a lot more than a dollar.

In case you have a notice UPS is quite expensive.
That's why we don't get all the Valentine's Day flowers and Mother's Day flowers like they used to because all these gig jobs are delivering that stuff.

I'm not saying we don't deserve the money because we do but there is a limit

Thebrownblob

We Will have to look at the total package, and for me personally, I may be in a different spot in my career, but I would just as soon as they get rid of as many retirement Roadblocks as possible. 30 full time years and no penalties plus my insurance and I would retire at 55 without question. Staying here till 65 and 67 to get your full pension is becoming more and more difficult.

We Will have to look at the total package, and for me personally, I may be in a different spot in my career, but I would just as soon as they get rid of as many retirement Roadblocks as possible. 30 full time years and no penalties plus my insurance and I would retire at 55 without question. Staying here till 65 and 67 to get your full pension is becoming more and more difficult.
Amen.

And that would save the company a ton of money

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What is the annual inflation rate going to be for the next 5 years?

Are you proposing that we just go with a COLA based raise structure and abandon defined raises in this contract?
Can you read above a 3rd grade level? If so try actually reading what’s written and not sticking words in others mouths

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The union controls the pension and healthcare.