Raise in new contract

textat3

It just shows how out of touch with reality CT is when she keeps talking about 95k a year we make….what a joke. Driver sups are pulling in 130k-150k. One of them drives a Bentley.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think they'll be a bigger raise for the part-timers than the full-timers.

Yes we lost some purchasing power over the last couple years but compared to many other people sometimes we forget what we have
So what. We aren’t other people. We have got to stop that thinking. It’s always the older guys too who already made their money and paid stuff off.

The company almost doubled profits over the contract. They doubled dividend payouts. They tripled? stock buy backs.

They are swimming in money. The absolutely bare min anyone should even entertain is getting us back to where we were before this crazy inflation.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not a chance we see anywhere near that. PTers are prob gonna get a big bump like that, but I'm guessing we see $6 over the course of the (presumed five year) contract at best. Most likely around $5 seems more realistic.

Would be pretty cool though.
Anything short of $50 at the end of the contract shouldn’t even be on the table and I don’t think it is.

Pullman Brown

So what. We aren’t other people. We have to got to stop that thinking. It’s always the older guys too who already made their money and paid stuff off.

The company almost doubled profits over the contract. They doubled dividend payouts. They tripled? stock buy backs.

They are swimming in money. The absolutely bare min anyone should even entertain is getting us back to where we were before this crazy inflation.

In one of her/CEO talks at the beginning of the year, she literally said that the way the company was positioned and what its future plans were that they would be basically printing money. I remember it because at that moment she had this creepy laugh like she was a public official -which is how these CEO’s /corporations are treated anyway with the money they give away.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Sure so I can rack up miles on my car, spend more on gas, and turn my 12hr day into a 15 hour day. I just want to be paid fairly for my area. Govt and military pay more around here as well….tell someone you make 100g around here and they feel sorry for you.
I understand that you are unhappy
with your wage and possibly overextended a bit?
I'm not trying to bust your balls, it's just you make more than the median household income for Washington DC with just your income and fall well in the middle-class.
$65hr isn't realistic, so don't get your hopes up.
Screenshot_20230515_220243_Chrome.jpg

100%

And you still won't get $50hr bump at the beginning. Goodluck achieving that at Walmart.
Did you miss the important part? Doesn’t matter what you think I won’t get, I said what ups would get….I’ll walk. That’s the one thing you can bank on. Saying I won’t get this or that is pure speculation.

100%

I hear this narrative a lot and it got me to wondering.... 🤔

Would the Company be just in arguing conversely that the years that our raises outpaced inflation be considered in this equation as well?

Anybody crunch that data over the past few decades, rather than just the past two years?
We’ve never outpaced inflation.

Thebrownblob

Not taking a pay cut. All signs point to the pavement.
We’re in the middle of May and we haven’t heard anything about what this negotiating team is pushing for as far as raises. I find that a little curious. Makes me think it will be much closer to the standard 2 to 4% raises we usually receive. I could be wrong though.

We’re in the middle of May and we haven’t heard anything about what this negotiating team is pushing for as far as raises. I find that a little curious. Makes me think it will be much closer to the standard 2 to 4% raises we usually receive. I could be wrong though.
I think the part timers are going to get a much raise. Honestly the company doesn't have much of a choice