Raise

Gone fishin

That’s not a new revelation with this contract. It’s always been the case that UPS pays top rate drivers more. They also work them harder and it takes a long time to get to top rate.

First year drivers typically make more cash at Ground, the young dumb kids don’t care about benefits or their future earnings. There’s new ones turning 21 everyday.
Ya , but this is in front on a national platform , even the dumb ones will notice this. The wage gap isn’t a river , it’s a canyon and getting wider

Thebrownblob

That’s not a new revelation with this contract. It’s always been the case that UPS pays top rate drivers more. They also work them harder and it takes a long time to get to top rate.

First year drivers typically make more cash at Ground, the young dumb kids don’t care about benefits or their future earnings. There’s new ones turning 21 everyday.
You could be right about first year earnings for FedEx drivers vs UPS. But getting over on someone because they’re 21 should make you feel a little dirty.

It will be fine

You could be right about first year earnings for FedEx drivers vs UPS. But getting over on someone because they’re 21 should make you feel a little dirty.
How do you see paying someone more their first year in an industry as “getting over on them?” Most people don’t see delivering boxes as a long term career.

Thebrownblob

How do you see paying someone more their first year in an industry as “getting over on them?” Most people don’t see delivering boxes as a long term career.
Because you literally called them dumb, most people don’t have a career in mind they’re looking for the pay and security of a career because you don’t pay that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t stay if you did. But since your decision is to purposely screw, someone you feel is dumb. Why would they stay? I have a college degree. I didn’t plan to deliver packages either but the opportunity was to good to pass up.

It will be fine

Especially for low wages
We were just discussing how in the short term drivers can probably make more at Ground. So you’re saying it’s dumb for someone to drive for UPS if they have career goals beyond cardboard. One could argue I’m treating those with greater aspirations better by not suckering them in this dead end job like UPS does.

Thebrownblob

We were just discussing how in the short term drivers can probably make more at Ground. So you’re saying it’s dumb for someone to drive for UPS if they have career goals beyond cardboard. One could argue I’m treating those with greater aspirations better by not suckering them in this dead end job like UPS does.
I think you mean the dead end job you’re offering? There’s nothing dead end about what I’m doing. And rewarding. But I guess that just goes to prove you can’t trust someone with a small man syndrome such as yourself that’s why we need the union. And I honestly have no idea if you’re really paying more even the first year. Most of those UPS drivers first year in are making close to 50 K. Just working a lot of hours to get it.

Guitarman01

It's been a while since I've seen the union contract, but I think in 4 or 5 years you are already making very good money as a driver or full time handler and maybe even topped out or close to it. In 4 years you are already making more at UPS than what takes express 15 to 20 years to get to.

Thebrownblob

It's been a while since I've seen the union contract, but I think in 4 or 5 years you are already making very good money as a driver or full time handler and maybe even topped out or close to it. In 4 years you are already making more at UPS than what takes express 15 to 20 years to get to.
At four years full time you’re at Top scale at ups. Depending on what classification your in would be making between 80k and 140k plus full medical, vacations, and a pension. What a horrible, dead, end.😂

It will be fine

I think you mean the dead end job you’re offering? There’s nothing dead end about what I’m doing. And rewarding. But I guess that just goes to prove you can’t trust someone with a small man syndrome such as yourself that’s why we need the union. And I honestly have no idea if you’re really paying more even the first year. Most of those UPS drivers first year in are making close to 50 K. Just working a lot of hours to get it.
It’s the definition of a dead end job. There’s no advancement and the skills are not transferable to anything else. You’re literally at the end of the line.

Thebrownblob

It’s the definition of a dead end job. There’s no advancement and the skills are not transferable to anything else. You’re literally at the end of the line.
The end of a line of an ever growing paycheck? Are you dense? I know plenty of people at jobs they call dead end that don’t have half the security and half the pay. What people do with the kind of money they can make at UPS might shock you. But then again, when you’re someone with so little humanity such as yourself, who enjoys screwing, what do you call “young dumb people” I wouldn’t suppose you wouldn’t have much of an idea of anything, other than the nose on your face. The only person at the dead end is you. Like I said karma is a bitch, my friend.

It will be fine

The end of a line of an ever growing paycheck? Are you dense? I know plenty of people at jobs they call dead end that don’t have half the security and half the pay. What people do with the kind of money they can make at UPS might shock you. But then again, when you’re someone with so little humanity such as yourself, who enjoys screwing, what do you call “young dumb people” I wouldn’t suppose you wouldn’t have much of an idea of anything, other than the nose on your face. The only person at the dead end is you. Like I said karma is a bitch, my friend.
Your pay does not factor into my definition of dead end job. The complete lack of job and skill growth does. Your job delivering boxes qualifies you to deliver boxes, it can advance your career in no way. You sound happy to be there but that doesn’t change the reality that your at the dead end.

Thebrownblob

Your pay does not factor into my definition of dead end job. The complete lack of job and skill growth does. Your job delivering boxes qualifies you to deliver boxes, it can advance your career in no way. You sound happy to be there but that doesn’t change the reality that your at the dead end.
Every job is dead end when you work for someone else. The compensation and stability is the only reason to be there.
The compensation has allowed me to pursue many other ventures. Very rewarding.

MAKAVELI

When you consider their benefits, they still are ahead of what you pay. Year 2 and beyond they are way above ground drivers total compensation.