Raise

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No more out of network care and if your spouse is on your plan and they have health insurance available through their employer (how this is verified I do not know), tack on an additional $150 month. Gets better all the time.

It beat all of the other alternatives.

Empty Pockets

No more out of network care and if your spouse is on your plan and they have health insurance available through their employer (how this is verified I do not know), tack on an additional $150 month. Gets better all the time.
This is right from the announcement of the changes.

Important! Working Spouse/Partner Surcharge: At FedEx, the cost to cover an employee’s spouse is on average 76 percent higher than the cost to cover the employee and many working spouses/partners of employees have access to health care through their own employer. If your spouse has medical insurance available through his or her place of employment, but opts to be covered under the FedEx Corporation Group Health Plan, you will pay a surcharge of $150 a month. You will need to verify in the enrollment system when you elect to cover your spouse that he or she does not have coverage through another employer-sponsored health plan. If your spouse is covered by the FedEx Corporation Group Health Plan and you do not make an active election, the $150/month working spouse/partner surcharge will automatically be applied. If the working spouse/partner surcharge is automatically applied and should not be, you can contact the FedEx Benefits Center to make the correction but no refunds will be issued if the surcharge has already been deducted from your paycheck.

Please be aware and tell your buddies that are married with wife on insurance plan. It appears that they we are going to be automatically enrolled in the $150 surcharge unless we go in and notify them that our spouse does NOT have other insurance. There are going to be a bunch of folks unwillingly donating to the company. Most of the hubites are pissed about the raise as well as the healthcare changes so they will prolly just quit. Gonna be a brutal peak shorthanded.

Empty Pockets

Before the ten tier system, it would take 17 raises to move from the bottom to the top of range...if the top never increased Every year that the top would move up, it would add another year making it nearly impossible to ever reach TOR. Example: If the Top got a raise every other year, it would then take 34 raises(years) for a new employee to top out. You must be 21 to get a CDL. The old plan meant that you would be lucky to hit TOR before retirement age of 55.

The Ten Tier system was presented to us a guarantee that we would reach TOR in ten years(Express only). They were selling us a turd to begin with since Freight drivers were being advertised as topping out in 4 years. This "New Deal" Ten tier system was flawed from the beginning as I have stated before. Yes, any raise is better than nothing, but they have a history of not following through on what the tell us. Knowing and seeing this all play out over the last 3.5 years is concerning. They promised that everyone could reach TOR in just ten years and immediately postponed raises for six months making the 10 year plan a 10.5 year plan. To add insult to injury, after 18 months, there is a 2% raise but no step progression which will add another year to the deal. Now, the ten year plan is now going to take 11.5 years if we are lucky.

They pay for fake publicity like the Great Place to Work thingy. They could have gained a little integrity if they would have just given out another 1% with a step progression but it appears that they cannot follow through on what they promise us. They have zero integrity at this point and even the most uninformed hubites are beginning to take notice.
Nothing has changed. More rumors about a pay increase but you gotta bet that the employee will be promised "A New Deal," but will only get a raw deal. How about that ten tier system that they were so proud of? It cannot work.

Empty Pockets

I agree with the $1. I did the same job for $11 so happy for anything more. The concept of a 10 tier or bracket system seems great to the employee, but the bracket seems flawed unless two levels are adjusted for.
Lets use a football field for a comparison. It is 100 yards long and I am on the 10 yard line. I am one first down from a score. If you cut ten yards off the other end and place it in front of me the field is still 100 yards but I am now on the 20 yard line. If you give me a 10 yard raise penalty, I am still 10 yards from the end. A one level increase with the brackets moving leaves you the same distance from the end.
If the brackets move up, it will leave you the same distance from the end unless you move up two levels. My buddies and I saw this from the first announcement and conveyed our thoughts. No one else saw this. Only time will tell how they are going to make this happen. October 2019 will be the time unless the tiers remain the same.
Still true today....

Empty Pockets

You incorrectly assume that the top bracket will receive a raise. Your scenario fails.
They can just as easily use a bonus for the top bracket to mollify them. Or they can do nothing for them.
It is still flawed and cannot work unless the top and bottom never moves. When the bottom and top both move, anyone in the middle will go up a step in pay but will be the same number of steps from the end.

Aquaman

LOL, the effort to do anything more than the bare minimum ended before the performance-based raises did.
I feel the company promotes nothing but bare minimum work. In the hourly operations, it’s a 25 year wait for decent anything. The people who are good workers won’t put up with that. The lazy, stuck in a rut complacent idiots like me are the ones that stay. You feed people false hope, they leave.

Guitarman01

I feel the company promotes nothing but bare minimum work. In the hourly operations, it’s a 25 year wait for decent anything. The people who are good workers won’t put up with that. The lazy, stuck in a rut complacent idiots like me are the ones that stay. You feed people false hope, they leave.
Pay me 45 an hour so I can have something to complain about lol.

FedupExpress

When are the raises at fedex ? How much is the average raise in year 1
With all the cost cutting I would be hard pressed to believe we will be getting a raise, October would be a great time for them to turn around and say sorry no raises this year...

In fact here's your layoff documentation, thank you for your service Sir.

Guitarman01

With all the cost cutting I would be hard pressed to believe we will be getting a raise, October would be a great time for them to turn around and say sorry no raises this year...

In fact here's your layoff documentation, thank you for your service Sir.
That would be real hilarious if UPS strikes and then no step raises or that we expect you to do the work of both air and ground in the near future minus the raise. 45 an hr? Ha here's a quarter.

FedupExpress

I doubt ups will strike, I could also see them just firing everyone and bringing in new drivers

There's a long list of box Donkeys that would love what they are currently getting.

Shows you how enslaved express is, we should be the ones striking.

Serf

I doubt ups will strike, I could also see them just firing everyone and bringing in new drivers

There's a long list of box Donkeys that would love what they are currently getting.

Shows you how enslaved express is, we should be the ones striking.
Even with a ten step plan, express hasn’t had a defined wage progression since around 1998. Even been some years Handlers got 0% and couriers got 2%. Or nothing at all

FedupExpress

That's not how it works with organized labor.
I hear ya man, I'm at express, I don't know why these bafoons are mostly anti-union... I was a teamster at a prior job and to be at the mercy of management makes no sense to me.

A rock and a hard place - but then again everyone can agree that nothing makes sense at fedex-

So this actually does make sense ¡

Gone fishin

I wonder when UPS signs this new contract will ground drivers have a different view of their wages. They’re doing a UPS job making a fifth of what they’re making. Same with handlers. Fedex better be careful

It will be fine

I wonder when UPS signs this new contract will ground drivers have a different view of their wages. They’re doing a UPS job making a fifth of what they’re making. Same with handlers. Fedex better be careful
That’s not a new revelation with this contract. It’s always been the case that UPS pays top rate drivers more. They also work them harder and it takes a long time to get to top rate.

First year drivers typically make more cash at Ground, the young dumb kids don’t care about benefits or their future earnings. There’s new ones turning 21 everyday.