Raise

It will be fine

This isn't remotely true. "Occasionally," at the very best, "extremely rarely" would probably be more accurate.
The guys I knew that went to UPS were only getting a route 1-2 days a week. They came back because my job was actually full time. This isn’t counting the years people often have to spend as package handlers before getting a chance to drive at UPS. Don’t pretend like the first year driving at UPS is a great job.

It will be fine

When you consider their benefits, they still are ahead of what you pay. Year 2 and beyond they are way above ground drivers total compensation.
That’s why I said the young stupid kids don’t care about benefits. Health benefits for the average 20 something are worthless, they won’t use them.

Thebrownblob

The guys I knew that went to UPS were only getting a route 1-2 days a week. They came back because my job was actually full time. This isn’t counting the years people often have to spend as package handlers before getting a chance to drive at UPS. Don’t pretend like the first year driving at UPS is a great job.
Waiting to go driving hasn’t been a thing for quite a while. Most people don’t even have to wait more than a couple months.. if the people working for you quit because they weren’t getting hours. It’s because they were too stupid to know they’re guaranteed hours which would stand to reason why they came back to work for you..

Those aren't "first-year drivers" dip:censored2:, they're pt cover drivers, or temporary cover drivers. If you want to compare apples to apples, a first-year FT driver easily makes over $50k a year plus benefits. Those cover drivers make 70%+ of top rate, which is around $29/hr minimum and lock into that rate work they go FT, so it's even more for them when they are first-year drivers.

Apples to apples.

zeev

These Ground contractors are in a rough spot FedEx is going to squeeze them during the transition and a big UPS contract is going to make recruiting harder. Smart ones have bailed, it definitely is a short term job , my Ground driver has gone from a month career to a weekly career

It will be fine

Those aren't "first-year drivers" dip:censored2:, they're pt cover drivers, or temporary cover drivers. If you want to compare apples to apples, a first-year FT driver easily makes over $50k a year plus benefits. Those cover drivers make 70%+ of top rate, which is around $29/hr minimum and lock into that rate work they go FT, so it's even more for them when they are first-year drivers.

Apples to apples.
So people come off the street into full time driver positions now? That’s standard? That doesn’t track with anything around here that I’ve ever heard. Or are you just exaggerating to pretend to prove some point? Are we all to believe first year hires are treated well at UPS?

Thebrownblob

So people come off the street into full time driver positions now? That’s standard? That doesn’t track with anything around here that I’ve ever heard. Or are you just exaggerating to pretend to prove some point? Are we all to believe first year hires are treated well at UPS?
Ups hires lots of people off the street we even have a rule for it. It’s different in different places.

Guitarman01

I think they rarely hire full time drivers off the streets. I saw 2 job postings in the entire country last time I looked and have never seen it here locally.

Lol, I'm not interested in your shell game.

It will be fine

Lol, I'm not interested in your shell game.
I said first year drivers have a hard time at UPS. You made a personal attack and claimed the drivers in their first year I spoke about weren’t first year drivers and were some other semantic difference. Sorry I made you look foolish. It’s good that you are running away from your bad argument.

I said first year drivers have a hard time at UPS. You made a personal attack and claimed the drivers in their first year I spoke about weren’t first year drivers and were some other semantic difference. Sorry I made you look foolish. It’s good that you are running away from your bad argument.
giphy (6).gif

You compared your drivers to UPS first-year drivers, then changed your comparative group when you realized those are UPS PTers, and that you have no idea what you're talking about. It's okay, you've been wrong before.

It will be fine

You compared your drivers to UPS first-year drivers, then changed your comparative group when you realized those are UPS PTers, and that you have no idea what you're talking about. It's okay, you've been wrong before.
They were drivers in their first year at UPS. It would be impossible for me to be more correct.

zeev

Things must be tough in the labor market, a Ground contractor who implies that a crap Ground job is better than UPS. Spencer Patton is having a big event in Vegas on how to make money in the Ground business, just don’t watch Spencer s videos how you can’t make money.