raises? - copy of cavscout52's blog post

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
A new member that is stationed in afghanistan, cavscout52, posted this on his blog. I thought that his question would get more responses here so I copied and pasted it for him.

i'm currently a upser in afghanistan and i was curious to know what the raises are going to be like for this. i've been on active duty since jan. of 2009 and i've been out of the loop since. can someone help me out. i'm currently a top pay driver and wanted to know out of curiosity. thanks

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
cavscout

let me be the first to thank you for taking the time away from your job to try to stabilize the region. it is a tough, thankless job.

here is hoping you come back safe and sound to your state side job. you are in our prayers.

it is dependent on where you are located as far as the raises are concerned. while the master lays out the main plan, the supliments can add to them.

if we knew where you worked out of, we could nail it down.
d

Ditto Cavscout, thank you so much for your sacrifice for your country. I say thank you to all veterans who have made and continue to make the sacrifice you currently make.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Cavscout52,
Like everyone else said, thanks for your sacrifice, I appreciate it. I noticed you are a fellow Georgia District Package Driver. We get $29.265 an hour now, and we will split the $.75 on August 1st. That will bring the hourly rate to $29.64 and overtime will be $44.46.

Be careful out there and I hope you make it home soon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scratch, aren't we getting the second half of our $.70 raise on Feb. 1st?

I would also like to thank you for your service to our country. I am also a vet but the closest I got to combat was watching it on TV.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I would also like to add my family's prayer's and admiration for your sacrifice. Winston Churchill once said "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". I too would just like to say Thank You.

JonFrum

Scratch, aren't we getting the second half of our $.70 raise on Feb. 1st?

I would also like to thank you for your service to our country. I am also a vet but the closest I got to combat was watching it on TV.
You'll be getting the second half of your 75-cent raise on February 1, 2010. Every penny counts!!!

lovemyupser

I do know that you are entitled to get all raises like you never left. My husband is a UPS driver and was deployed and when he came back after a month long fight they finally gave him his raises. Don't let them say you can't get them. Thank you for your service and please make it home safe.

A new member that is stationed in afghanistan, cavscout52, posted this on his blog. I thought that his question would get more responses here so I copied and pasted it for him.