Raises for 2019

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by fedx, Mar 22, 2019.

1. fedx

fedx Extra Large Package

So FedEx is posting "disappointing" results for peak. How that is I don't know. I've been hearing and reading from other stations/ramps how peak still hasn't ended. So my question is do you think FedEx will use that as an excuse to not give out step pay progressions (raises) this year? Also, do you think we'll have to wait till October to find out or do you think they'll announce it before April since our last raise was last April?

2. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

My guess would be no raise.

3. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Just be grateful that you have the perfect job.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Best pay and benefits out there! Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Route 66

Route 66 I’m Gonna Puma Pants Member

Oh come now, that’s just a plain ridiculous notion right there. :blink:

They’ll use it as an excuse to not give out raises for the next three years.

6. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

They'd better be giving out raises up here after we had a town hall where we were told it was a record peak for us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Route 66

But ya know there’s always a “however” attached to those pronouncements.

8. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

Why do y'all want to make yourselves miserable? Wait until they actually say something. By the way, with the belt tightening some have mentioned, anyone think the real reason Oldfart left the company was because the company told him they could no longer let him have his 10 hours plus vacation, healthcare, etc?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  9. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Who cares, as long as he’s gone!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Route 66

I’d go with that theory over the lucky scratch ticket tale.

11. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

Hasn't it been so much better since that glorious day? I swear, my phone screen seems a bit brighter, when visiting BC, since that idiot left.

12. 59 Dano

59 Dano This is 1980, can't you afford a f***ing haircut?

No they aren't. They are posting disappointing results for the recently concluded 3rd quarter of the fiscal year. Peak was fine.

"Hey, we gave them their raises six months early last year, as a one time thing. Why don't we give out all news about raises in April of this year because we did something different last year?"

13. fedx

fedx Extra Large Package

Oh okay. So their 3rd quarter isn't the same as peak. Peak doesn't happen in the 3rd quarter of their fiscal year. Thanks for clarifying that. See I read that the 3rd quarter ended Feb 28th. So I was mistaken to think it went back to December and included peak in that time frame. Thanks again for clarifying that. So when will they post results for their peak period then? July? August?

And raises used to be in April, but pushed to October as a "one time thing," then it became a normal thing. So why can't they go back to April like it originally was years ago?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  14. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Just because the results are "disappointing" doesn't mean they are bad...
    Sure I didn't beat my personal record for the last marathon I ran, but
    I finished within a few minutes.

Overall Volume and Profits increased, just not as much as their greed wanted... don't let words fool you.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Serf

Serf Well-Known Member

A scheduled raise in October but with no new COLA % increase factored in the markets wouldn't surprise me.

16. vantexan

Or a bonus for top out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

I think we have the winning answer here. FedEx is not known for "sweet deals" that flow down to the ranks of the real working people like us. If he ever really had that kind of deal to begin with (unlikely) I'm sure someone in the district caught wind of it and squashed it like a bug.

If his wife DID actually get a lucky scratch ticket, she would have booted his sorry ass out to the curb.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. vantexan

And there's no way he'd ever admit that his favorite company took his sweet deal away from him.

19. Cactus

Oh never. Tried to warn him more than once.

Hope he's having fun with his his neighbor's paper route. Heh, heh.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Cactus

I sense the disappointment with this posting. C'mon now, Fred and his buddies will get one.