Raises for 2019

McFeely

Huge Member
And also volume is up drastically for us so we may not handling the freight ground does, but stop counts are sky rocketing for at least the first part of the week

Truth. Our station is insanely busy. We're not only hiring some replacements for normal attrition, but adding pup route drivers, P1 drivers, shuttle drivers, and even a few mid-day drivers.

My DRA route is about 1/2 the size it was a few years ago, but still same number of stops (100+ deliveries daily). Hoping it stays this busy; good job security right now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Oh okay. So their 3rd quarter isn't the same as peak. Peak doesn't happen in the 3rd quarter of their fiscal year. Thanks for clarifying that. See I read that the 3rd quarter ended Feb 28th. So I was mistaken to think it went back to December and included peak in that time frame. Thanks again for clarifying that. So when will they post results for their peak period then? July? August?

Peak is included in the 3rd quarter.

And raises used to be in April, but pushed to October as a "one time thing," then it became a normal thing. So why can't they go back to April like it originally was years ago?

Why?

59 Dano

And if you think about it, someone on here maybe was able to figure out who he is just based on his clues in the past. Maybe they went to management and complained about his sweet deal. I remember he once claimed his cafeteria had a pinball machine in it. Now if that was true, someone could have pieced it together if they worked in such a station. "Hey OF sounds like Bob" as he used to be an RTD who is now a 10 hour courier, etc. etc.

Or he was just blowing crap out of his arse. I can't believe anyone here took what he said seriously. His explanations were just a bit too convenient too often and he was a step or two behind on things that someone with his claimed knowledge and experience would be well versed in.

Just like another frequent poster who posted an abrupt farewell (or two) with equally silly explanations.

59 Dano

The topped out people have held their tongue the last couple of years with the bonus, but thats not going to last much longer. If we were getting bonuses like managers of 10K plus thats one thing. The pittance they throw down to the topped out is an insult.

How much of a raise do you deserve if you are at the maximum pay?

If you think 10k bonuses are more common than four leaf clovers, I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho I think you'd be interested in. That aside, if you'd like a manager's bonus, become a manager.

vantexan

2 things.

You are the one who left the company a few times ultimately for fitting being topped out.

And also volume is up drastically for us so we may not handling the freight ground does, but stop counts are sky rocketing for at least the first part of the week
I left twice. I have no one to blame but myself. Still doesn't change the fact that when rehired at $10.85hr in 1998 I was making $5.26hr less than top out and when I quit in 2013 I was making $18.17hr, more than $6hr less than top out on same payscale. For all of those almost 15 years topped out couriers did much better than midrange. Please don't tell me about your struggles when the lowest paid topped out person now makes over $27hr.

floridays

I don't care when I get my raise. October, April... it all pays the same.
Obviously you have no concept of value of money and time, take care Wimpy. (Not being me mean, check out Wimpy and hamburgers.)
I believe you have been poked sufficiently to school me pertaining to my ignorance.
You do understand I simply responded to your, "Why." I even made it red like this... Why

59 Dano

Obviously you have no concept of value of money and time, take care Wimpy. (Not being me mean, check out Wimpy and hamburgers.)

If I get my October raise in October, I have no problem with it.

I believe you have been poked sufficiently to school me pertaining to my ignorance.
You do understand I simply responded to your, "Why." I even made it red like this... Why

Don't really care either way.

fedex_rtd

Or he was just blowing crap out of his arse. I can't believe anyone here took what he said seriously. His explanations were just a bit too convenient too often and he was a step or two behind on things that someone with his claimed knowledge and experience would be well versed in.

Just like another frequent poster who posted an abrupt farewell (or two) with equally silly explanations.

Just a reminder for people here...You DO NOT work for the company...You are a TROLL.

fedex_rtd

I do know that the managers are NOT getting a bonus this year. Things "should" be different for us, as it will be hard to tell the average hourly employee that he/she is NOT getting a raise when the American economy is doing well.

SmithBarney

We got our raises March 1st.... and new vehicles, and an onsite car wash we can drive through each day, and catered dinner each night.

SmithBarney

Why not? for 35 plus years it was march, why the change to october? You ask why, I simply prefer to go to the root, and ask, WHY?

Why? because many investors typically only focus on the 4th quarter, if they see a huge expenditure(raises) in a quarter that is typically slow, it makes them nervous. So they move the big "cost" to the front of our best quarter, and it looks better on paper.

Artee

How much of a raise do you deserve if you are at the maximum pay?

If you think 10k bonuses are more common than four leaf clovers, I've got some oceanfront property in Idaho I think you'd be interested in. That aside, if you'd like a manager's bonus, become a manager.

At least 3%.

One of our drivers immediate relative is a 1 year manager at one of the local stations. $6k bonus 1st year. One of our managers who is 35+ year employee got $13k. I don't want a bonus. I want a raise. That 3% goes right into my 401k and pays me week after week for as long as I am here. That builds retirement. I would not mind being a manager at the ramp or RT, but they will not hire any new managers into those positions in our area. Got to pay your dues on the DGO side first before you are considered for one of the cushy spots. No one in their right mind goes to DGO. What a crappy job.

I'm sorry you and Van don't enjoy money and investing for the future. Its not for everyone. Maybe you and Van can live together in a hut in the Belize jungle and share a couple hammocks just like Skipper and Gilligan. Which one are you?

vantexan

At least 3%.

One of our drivers immediate relative is a 1 year manager at one of the local stations. $6k bonus 1st year. One of our managers who is 35+ year employee got $13k. I don't want a bonus. I want a raise. That 3% goes right into my 401k and pays me week after week for as long as I am here. That builds retirement. I would not mind being a manager at the ramp or RT, but they will not hire any new managers into those positions in our area. Got to pay your dues on the DGO side first before you are considered for one of the cushy spots. No one in their right mind goes to DGO. What a crappy job.

I'm sorry you and Van don't enjoy money and investing for the future. Its not for everyone. Maybe you and Van can live together in a hut in the Belize jungle and share a couple hammocks just like Skipper and Gilligan. Which one are you?
I want you to do well. You are.

59 Dano

Why? because many investors typically only focus on the 4th quarter, if they see a huge expenditure(raises) in a quarter that is typically slow, it makes them nervous. So they move the big "cost" to the front of our best quarter, and it looks better on paper.

That's exactly what it was, an accounting gimmick.