Raises for 2019

dezguy

Oh never. Tried to warn him more than once.

Hope he's having fun with his his neighbor's paper route. Heh, heh.
He wasn't helping his neighbour on a paper route. OF was too self centred for that. Hell, the guy wouldn't even help out a co worker by switching vacation weeks without charging the guy.

OF didn't help anyone and if he did, it was only because he was getting money for it.

Artee

Peak was good for ground and freight. Not good for express. Was announced on Wednesday no raises this year for managers. I imagine that will carry over to hourlys, but will not be announced until after SFA.

fedx

Extra Large Package
A scheduled raise in October but with no new COLA % increase factored in the markets wouldn't surprise me.
So like last year once again. That reminds me, I remember in late Sept there was a training in FLC (I believe) about cola raises in October. I thought we were going to get cola raises as a result, but found out otherwise this past October when nothing happened. Did you or anyone else see a training module about cola raises last Oct?

fedx

Extra Large Package
And there's no way he'd ever admit that his favorite company took his sweet deal away from him.
And if you think about it, someone on here maybe was able to figure out who he is just based on his clues in the past. Maybe they went to management and complained about his sweet deal. I remember he once claimed his cafeteria had a pinball machine in it. Now if that was true, someone could have pieced it together if they worked in such a station. "Hey OF sounds like Bob" as he used to be an RTD who is now a 10 hour courier, etc. etc.

Serf

So like last year once again. That reminds me, I remember in late Sept there was a training in FLC (I believe) about cola raises in October. I thought we were going to get cola raises as a result, but found out otherwise this past October when nothing happened. Did you or anyone else see a training module about cola raises last Oct?
I did not. Actually, now that I think about it.

CJinx

I haven't heard anything about raises for hourlies getting nixed; just the AIC for salaried employees... i.e. your SRM probably lost his/her morale recently. Could definitely still be on the chopping block if they can't find another way to make up the shortfall they promised shareholders.

floridays

Why do y'all want to make yourselves miserable? Wait until they actually say something. By the way, with the belt tightening some have mentioned, anyone think the real reason Oldfart left the company was because the company told him they could no longer let him have his 10 hours plus vacation, healthcare, etc?
Did oldfart actually leave the company. He is gone totally, Yes or no?

floridays

Or a bonus for top out.
Now you bring the 59dano out in me, why would topout get a bonus? Or to word it differently, why should top out get a bonus. I'm sure you will reply Van, if others do as well, I'll offer a response, quite possibly a different one that I currently have, if they can be persuasive. Not that it matters. I just like to think and bitch.

Exactly when did this oldfart exodus happen, doesn't have to be exact, how long has the cord been cut?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Did oldfart actually leave the company. He is gone totally, Yes or no?

Exactly when did this oldfart exodus happen, doesn't have to be exact, how long has the cord been cut?
He's gone and yes I'm sure the champagne was flowing at his station once he was off the company premises. This was around the first week of this month.

He concocted some BS story about his wife winning on a scratch off lottery ticket, which would pay his monthly insurance premiums. Always wanting us to believe he could come up smelling like a rose at every turn, I'm glad he's gone. What a huge pain the ass.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It’s a relief - I was getting a bit weary of reading one-sided posts all the time. (although it was mildly entertaining in a weird way)

floridays

He's gone and yes I'm sure the champagne was flowing at his station once he was off the company premises. This was around the first week of this month.

He concocted some BS story about his wife winning on a scratch off lottery ticket, which would pay his monthly insurance premiums. Always wanting us to believe he could come up smelling like a rose at every turn, I'm glad he's gone. What a huge pain the ass.
Thanks Cactus,
I felt like one of the old broads on andy griffin asking, you know the gossips, but here I am. I wish him the best, somehow I think his body will be in for a huge malfunction trying to expel all the fedex bs impacted in him.
He was the poster boy for ignorance is bliss or fecal material for brains. I have always had a place in my heart for "touched" individuals, I wish him the best.

vantexan

Now you bring the 59dano out in me, why would topout get a bonus? Or to word it differently, why should top out get a bonus. I'm sure you will reply Van, if others do as well, I'll offer a response, quite possibly a different one that I currently have, if they can be persuasive. Not that it matters. I just like to think and bitch.

In previous threads some were talking as if FedEx was going to give top out a raise or bonus every year too. I've pointed out that in years past they gave bigger raises to topped out couriers while giving minimal to midrange. Instead of catching top out midrange was falling behind. Result was a huge amount of turnover. Then FedEx came up with a new pay plan to address this. It's always been their MO in the past to take from other groups when they gave to a particular group. Don't expect any different this time. But some here have been saying FedEx will give top out a COLA. Last year instead of a raise they gave topped out a bonus. This year they're not happy about their numbers. Doubtful they'll give a bonus this year. And people need to realize with this new plan people are getting a generous raise every year to get them to top out. To expect FedEx to give them a COLA on top of that to keep up with inflation, essentially 9% or more a year, is an awfully high expectation from a company that historically has been extremely tight fisted. And when you hit top out you're topped out. If you get anything at all it'll be a bonus. And the company has no obligation to pay a bonus and when things get tight it's almost 100% guaranteed that you won't get one. I was surprised after more than a decade of crap raises for midrange that people here were talking as if FedEx suddenly became very generous with pay and COLA's. Either they hadn't gone through all the lean times or they have a lot of faith in the company to do right by them. The only reason the company is being more generous now is turnover. If people weren't quitting in droves, content with pay, highly doubtful the company would have created this new pay plan.

Artee

I am surprised that the amount of people at my location that think they are going to automatically get a raise this year. They keep referring to the 10 year program. The forget that FDX is a master of words. FDX calls it a 10 step program. There could be a couple of years between steps should things go south for FDX financially. FDX never said it would be a year between steps. If you have been here for any length of time you have been through multiple years with no raises. Then after that dry spell they come out with another top out/raise program.

One of the dumber things FDX has done was have the raises come in October, so close to peak. Should have kept them in April so employees forget about how they were screwed in April by the time December rolls along. Two peaks ago there were stations in the general vicinity that would not come in for peak unless they got paid more. FDX made a 3 month deal with them for more money to get back to work for peak. Could be seeing more of that in 8 months, especially if they announce no raises. The topped out people have held their tongue the last couple of years with the bonus, but thats not going to last much longer. If we were getting bonuses like managers of 10K plus thats one thing. The pittance they throw down to the topped out is an insult.

vantexan

I am surprised that the amount of people at my location that think they are going to automatically get a raise this year. They keep referring to the 10 year program. The forget that FDX is a master of words. FDX calls it a 10 step program. There could be a couple of years between steps should things go south for FDX financially. FDX never said it would be a year between steps. If you have been here for any length of time you have been through multiple years with no raises. Then after that dry spell they come out with another top out/raise program.

One of the dumber things FDX has done was have the raises come in October, so close to peak. Should have kept them in April so employees forget about how they were screwed in April by the time December rolls along. Two peaks ago there were stations in the general vicinity that would not come in for peak unless they got paid more. FDX made a 3 month deal with them for more money to get back to work for peak. Could be seeing more of that in 8 months, especially if they announce no raises. The topped out people have held their tongue the last couple of years with the bonus, but thats not going to last much longer. If we were getting bonuses like managers of 10K plus thats one thing. The pittance they throw down to the topped out is an insult.
I'm sorry, but I went through many years with crap pay while topped out couriers enjoyed much better pay. Any idea what it's like making $16hr as a 10 year employee getting a 32 cents raise while topped out employees making considerably more got more than twice as much? No, you don't if you're topped out. What's top out on the lowest payscale? Over $27hr? You poor babies. You don't handle the freight you used to thanks to Ground and you all act like you should be making UPS wages. I sure wished I could've suffered like you did all of those years. I'd still be working, bad health and all if I made what you do.

Purplepackage

I'm sorry, but I went through many years with crap pay while topped out couriers enjoyed much better pay. Any idea what it's like making $16hr as a 10 year employee getting a 32 cents raise while topped out employees making considerably more got more than twice as much? No, you don't if you're topped out. What's top out on the lowest payscale? Over $27hr? You poor babies. You don't handle the freight you used to thanks to Ground and you all act like you should be making UPS wages. I sure wished I could've suffered like you did all of those years. I'd still be working, bad health and all if I made what you do.

2 things.

You are the one who left the company a few times ultimately for fitting being topped out.

And also volume is up drastically for us so we may not handling the freight ground does, but stop counts are sky rocketing for at least the first part of the week