Raises for 2019

fedx

Extra Large Package
So FedEx is posting "disappointing" results for peak. How that is I don't know. I've been hearing and reading from other stations/ramps how peak still hasn't ended. So my question is do you think FedEx will use that as an excuse to not give out step pay progressions (raises) this year? Also, do you think we'll have to wait till October to find out or do you think they'll announce it before April since our last raise was last April?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
So my question is do you think FedEx will use that as an excuse to not give out step pay progressions (raises) this year?
Oh come now, that’s just a plain ridiculous notion right there. :blink:

They’ll use it as an excuse to not give out raises for the next three years.

vantexan

Why do y'all want to make yourselves miserable? Wait until they actually say something. By the way, with the belt tightening some have mentioned, anyone think the real reason Oldfart left the company was because the company told him they could no longer let him have his 10 hours plus vacation, healthcare, etc?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why do y'all want to make yourselves miserable? Wait until they actually say something. By the way, with the belt tightening some have mentioned, anyone think the real reason Oldfart left the company was because the company told him they could no longer let him have his 10 hours plus vacation, healthcare, etc?
Who cares, as long as he’s gone!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
By the way, with the belt tightening some have mentioned, anyone think the real reason Oldfart left the company was because the company told him they could no longer let him have his 10 hours plus vacation, healthcare, etc?
I’d go with that theory over the lucky scratch ticket tale.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So FedEx is posting "disappointing" results for peak.

No they aren't. They are posting disappointing results for the recently concluded 3rd quarter of the fiscal year. Peak was fine.

So my question is do you think FedEx will use that as an excuse to not give out step pay progressions (raises) this year? Also, do you think we'll have to wait till October to find out or do you think they'll announce it before April since our last raise was last April?

"Hey, we gave them their raises six months early last year, as a one time thing. Why don't we give out all news about raises in April of this year because we did something different last year?"

fedx

Extra Large Package
No they aren't. They are posting disappointing results for the recently concluded 3rd quarter of the fiscal year. Peak was fine.

"Hey, we gave them their raises six months early last year, as a one time thing. Why don't we give out all news about raises in April of this year because we did something different last year?"

Oh okay. So their 3rd quarter isn't the same as peak. Peak doesn't happen in the 3rd quarter of their fiscal year. Thanks for clarifying that. See I read that the 3rd quarter ended Feb 28th. So I was mistaken to think it went back to December and included peak in that time frame. Thanks again for clarifying that. So when will they post results for their peak period then? July? August?

And raises used to be in April, but pushed to October as a "one time thing," then it became a normal thing. So why can't they go back to April like it originally was years ago?

Last edited:

SmithBarney

Just because the results are "disappointing" doesn't mean they are bad...
Sure I didn't beat my personal record for the last marathon I ran, but
I finished within a few minutes.

Overall Volume and Profits increased, just not as much as their greed wanted... don't let words fool you.

Serf

A scheduled raise in October but with no new COLA % increase factored in the markets wouldn't surprise me.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
By the way, with the belt tightening anyone think the real reason Oldfart left the company was because the company told him they could no longer let him have his 10 hours plus vacation, healthcare, etc?
I think we have the winning answer here. FedEx is not known for "sweet deals" that flow down to the ranks of the real working people like us. If he ever really had that kind of deal to begin with (unlikely) I'm sure someone in the district caught wind of it and squashed it like a bug.

I’d go with that theory over the lucky scratch ticket tale.
If his wife DID actually get a lucky scratch ticket, she would have booted his sorry ass out to the curb.

vantexan

I think we have the winning answer here. FedEx is not known for "sweet deals" that flow down to the ranks of the real working people like us. If he ever really had that kind of deal to begin with (unlikely) I'm sure someone in the district caught wind of it and squashed it like a bug.

If his wife DID actually get a lucky scratch ticket, she would have booted his sorry ass out to the curb.
And there's no way he'd ever admit that his favorite company took his sweet deal away from him.