Raises for 2019

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's a shame most couriers would never dare to step up and take additional responsibility to improve the performance of the company. Lots of talk, no action.
Are you effin’ serious? After most couriers get screwed at every turn, you think they’re gonna ask for more work, responsibility and/or abuse?

Maybe you and your psychiatrist should get together and discuss this sometime.

dezguy

It's a shame most couriers would never dare to step up and take additional responsibility to improve the performance of the company. Lots of talk, no action.

Wait, so employees get boned, again and then they're the ones who should take additional responsibility to improve the performance of the company?

Hey everyone! Just take out 5 more stops. It'll really help the company and stock holders. Just forget all those years we purposely kept pay down and us not moving you up a step this year? Forget that even happened.

There was a time when employees would exchange doing extra work, in good faith. The company has clearly demonstrated it no longer rewards going above and beyond.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Are you effin’ serious? After most couriers get screwed at every turn, you think they’re gonna ask for more work, responsibility and/or abuse?

Maybe you and your psychiatrist should get together and discuss this sometime.

All I know is we are working in the best economy in 50 years. Lowest unemployment since 1969. If FedEx is "hurting" under these conditions, what will it be like if we are in a real recession next year like the news is hoping for? Not only will we not be getting a raise whatsoever, but I could see FedEx reducing our pay and even moving us down a step. And of course there will be lemmings saying "just be glad you have a job."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Tons of people on the FedEx employees Facebook page complaining big time and not caring who sees it. I’ve never seen this many people so angry about a raise. Even when we didn’t get a raise people weren’t this upset.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So now you're defending the deception of the 10-decade plan.

There's nothing deceiving about it. It was written in plain English. Don't know why you are trying to spin this as Express breaking a promise because there was no promise made.

What does whale :poop: look like up close?

I dunno. Why don't you head to the mirror and report back to us?

59 Dano

Wait, so employees get boned, again and then they're the ones who should take additional responsibility to improve the performance of the company?

"I'm not going to do anymore than I have to."
"Gosh, why don't they treat us better?"

Hey everyone! Just take out 5 more stops. It'll really help the company and stock holders. Just forget all those years we purposely kept pay down and us not moving you up a step this year? Forget that even happened.

There was a time when employees would exchange doing extra work, in good faith. The company has clearly demonstrated it no longer rewards going above and beyond.

By all means, do it your way. Everyone has his own particular hill he wants to die on; some of those hills aren't very high.

59 Dano

All I know is we are working in the best economy in 50 years.

It's been explained to you that our GLOBAL employer also operates in many other parts of the WORLD that isn't enjoying the same economic performance as we are and that plays a major role in the company.

Do you fail to factor that in to your opinion because you aren't smart enough to know what it means or because it isn't consistent with your DURR HURR GREEDY CUMP'NY schtick?

59 Dano

Tons of people on the FedEx employees Facebook page complaining big time and not caring who sees it. I’ve never seen this many people so angry about a raise. Even when we didn’t get a raise people weren’t this upset.

MF would swear otherwise but FDX isn't going to do squat about anything posted on the FB page unless it's something really egregious.

MassWineGuy

Our senior manager told us today that we’ll be getting a two percent raise, not the step progression raise. I’m sure I’ll enjoy my $0.46 an hour jackpot.

We’e also not getting the new power pads until next summer. Quality driven management, indeed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's been explained to you that our GLOBAL employer also operates in many other parts of the WORLD that isn't enjoying the same economic performance as we are and that plays a major role in the company.
”The Express station in Montevideo Uruguay saw volume drop by 5 packages for two consecutive days so here’s a scrawny raise for ‘y all.”

All while the CEO’s and stockholders are handsomely rewarded. Again.

dezguy

"I'm not going to do anymore than I have to."
"Gosh, why don't they treat us better?"

"Just take 5 more stops. We all need to do our part to help the company succeed during this peak season. Lets all work together to make this this best peak ever!"

"We had a look at your numbers and we're going to increase your sph goals, based on what you did during peak."

By all means, do it your way. Everyone has his own particular hill he wants to die on; some of those hills aren't very high.
How is doing what is expected of you and no more choosing to die on a hill? The company lays out what they want me to do and I do it, to a T. Why are the goal posts expected to be moved back but compensation is expected to remain stagnant?

fedex_rtd

The losses coming from the slowdown in the international sector have been issue #1 for most of this year. It's been in the news all year, it's been on the intranet home page plenty of times, it was a big deal in the annual report -- how the hell do you ignore that and come up with "I find it hard to believe they are having problems" and that they're offering service for practically nothing????

One minute you guys are saying that Express is the big greedy monster and the next minute you say they're giving the service away.
That's just an excuse, I remember years ago senior management used the excuse that the "airline industry" was on hard times and since we were an "airline" that is why our raises were low....a few years latter the "airline industry" is doing good, and another excuse is invented. Nice try to deflect, but the fact is FedEx lies about money, remember how they said the pension was FULLY funded. That was a lie as FedEx is still putting money into the traditional pension to fund it 11 years after the big freeze.

The tax holiday for corporations has not changed from last 18 months ago when they did the LAST pay action. I agree with what others have said, the corporation is miss managed, primarily in order to avoid the threat of union action, UPS has no worries about that and that is one reason they are more profitable, plus fewer "family" promotions.

fedex_rtd

Can you post a link to that FB page? I'm thinking it's time to add my voice.

59 Dano

How is doing what is expected of you and no more choosing to die on a hill? The company lays out what they want me to do and I do it, to a T. Why are the goal posts expected to be moved back but compensation is expected to remain stagnant?

Don't know, pal. But you keep doing the minimum and complaining about compensation. I'm sure it'll work itself out. I can tell you this much -- people who are preoccupied with "OMG they want me to do a little more and I shouldn't have to because [whatever]" are never happy. Ever.

59 Dano

That's just an excuse, I remember years ago senior management used the excuse that the "airline industry" was on hard times and since we were an "airline" that is why our raises were low....a few years latter the "airline industry" is doing good, and another excuse is invented. Nice try to deflect, but the fact is FedEx lies about money, remember how they said the pension was FULLY funded. That was a lie as FedEx is still putting money into the traditional pension to fund it 11 years after the big freeze.

The tax holiday for corporations has not changed from last 18 months ago when they did the LAST pay action. I agree with what others have said, the corporation is miss managed, primarily in order to avoid the threat of union action, UPS has no worries about that and that is one reason they are more profitable, plus fewer "family" promotions.

Sounds like you've got it figured out. It's a shame you're wasting your time driving a truck.

fedx

Extra Large Package

Agree. Last time we got a raise was 18 months ago. True it was 6 months early, but now 18 months later we are essentially not getting a raise at all. We "maybe" getting a cost of living adjustment with their 2% increase. I think a lot of the problem is the money that Express was making in the past 10 years or so was being diverted to build up Ground. I know whenever I go to shipping yards I see brand new Ground trailers that are much nicer than Express trailers. Our trailers are all rusty and 20+ years old while Ground has shiny new trailers. I think Express money went to help buy equipment for Ground. And I wouldn't doubt that's still going on.

dezguy

Don't know, pal. But you keep doing the minimum and complaining about compensation. I'm sure it'll work itself out. I can tell you this much -- people who are preoccupied with "OMG they want me to do a little more and I shouldn't have to because [whatever]" are never happy. Ever.
lol Please explain how me doing what is expected of me is doing the minimum? I'm doing exactly what the company wants me to do!

As someone who is obviously in management can you please explain what the "minimum" is? Is it some arbitrary number each manager can pull out of their ass or is it an actual number?