Raises for 2019

It will be fine

The losses coming from the slowdown in the international sector have been issue #1 for most of this year. It's been in the news all year, it's been on the intranet home page plenty of times, it was a big deal in the annual report -- how the hell do you ignore that and come up with "I find it hard to believe they are having problems" and that they're offering service for practically nothing????

One minute you guys are saying that Express is the big greedy monster and the next minute you say they're giving the service away.
Have they recovered from the TNT integration yet? I haven’t read anything about that lately.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Spare me. You know as well as I do that you don't give a rip about integrity as long as you get what you think is yours.

I already asked you what the company should do to mitigate the issues it is facing. Not surprisingly, you ducked the question and opted to give me a sermon about integrity. How about this -- how much money should the company risk so that you get what you want, despite the issues it is facing?
Sorry, but I don't sell my integrity to the highest bidder, unlike yourself.

FedEx should honor its word and implement the scheduled raise. They should get rid of dead weight, such as yourself, in order to do so. And yes, I mean you. Mismanagement of the company got it to this point, so the mismanagers should be the first to go.

fedx

Extra Large Package
The losses coming from the slowdown in the international sector have been issue #1 for most of this year. It's been in the news all year, it's been on the intranet home page plenty of times, it was a big deal in the annual report -- how the hell do you ignore that and come up with "I find it hard to believe they are having problems" and that they're offering service for practically nothing????

One minute you guys are saying that Express is the big greedy monster and the next minute you say they're giving the service away.

Well I guess a person can say that. They are being mismanaged by stealing accounts away from UPS by offering our services with very little profit margin, but they're still making bank overall, so they are being greedy by not sharing the wealth with the people that make the company operate. We've got one of the best economies in decades and yet Express is saying they're hurting. I just don't buy it.

vantexan

What mistake did Express make that created a general economic slowdown on the other side of the planet?
Their mistake was assuming they could duplicate Express in Europe given that Europe isn't a completely free and open market and given protections afforded European competitors like DHL. Someone dropped the ball, and it wasn't U.S. employees.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Their mistake was assuming they could duplicate Express in Europe given that Europe isn't a completely free and open market and given protections afforded European competitors like DHL. Someone dropped the ball, and it wasn't U.S. employees.
And that person who dropped the ball will most likely retire with the golden parachute, nice pension, free insurance etc. while the rest of us slobs well......

btrlov

If you can put aside meaningfully pay increases for “financial challenges”, without detailing or defining the circumstances of such challenges , you are signaling a big FU to your employees. Its also creates employee uncertainty, about their financial futures, especially newer employees. They would naturally ask themselves, whats is to stop them doing this next time or indefinitely. I wouldn’t be surprised if turnover or organized labor becomes a problem in high end market levels.

I expect Express to monitor any negative results for this action. It would gauge their ability to continue doing it.

They have effectively thrown out the step system; as it has become meaningless. If a step can be sideline at the whim of a derived fiscal challenge then it serves no meaning nor guideline for newer or mid-tier employees. if step movement can defined as any unit of time, again it becomes meaningless window dressing. At a minimum, it was disingenuous to introduce it as some sort of revolutionary change in pay raises- clearly Fedex still has no standardized pay progression. i guess it was a proverbial —— tease, to entice personnel to some form of duty , or loyalty to the brand.

I dont think the 2% really bothers as compared the short notice which did not allow the news to properly sink into the collective consciousness.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

If you can put aside meaningfully pay increases for “financial challenges”, without detailing or defining the circumstances of such challenges , you are signaling a big FU to your employees. Its also creates employee uncertainty, about their financial futures, especially newer employees. They would naturally ask themselves, whats is to stop them doing this next time or indefinitely. I wouldn’t be surprised if turnover or organized labor becomes a problem in high end market levels.

I expect Express to monitor any negative results for this action. It would gauge their ability to continue doing it.

They have effectively thrown out the step system; as it has become meaningless. If a step can be sideline at the whim of a derived fiscal challenge then it serves no meaning nor guideline for newer or mid-tier employees. if step movement can defined as any unit of time, again it becomes meaningless window dressing. At a minimum, it was disingenuous to introduce it as some sort of revolutionary change in pay raises- clearly Fedex still has no standardized pay progression. i guess it was a proverbial —— tease, to entice personnel to some form of duty , or loyalty to the brand.

I dont think the 2% really bothers ppl, I think that the short notice did not allow the news to properly sink into the collective consciousness.
I agree with your statement except for the last paragraph. The only people that might be indifferent about 2% of those who are already topped out. They just look at it is 1% less than what they would normally get. Everyone else gets boned hard with no lubrication. The whole point of the step system was to stem the flow of turn over. They are going completely ass backwards this year.

Last edited:

It will be fine

I agree with your statement except for the last paragraph. The only people that might be indifferent about 2% of those who are already topped out. They just look at it is 1% less than what they would normally get. Everyone else gets boned hard with no lubrication. The whole point of the step system was to stem the flow of turn over. They are going completely ass backwards this year.
Are you looking for a new job yet?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sorry, but I don't sell my integrity to the highest bidder, unlike yourself.

FedEx should honor its word and implement the scheduled raise.

They are honoring its word. Why don't you go back and reeducate --or as is more likely the case, educate-- yourself on the promise that was made.

They should get rid of dead weight, such as yourself, in order to do so. And yes, I mean you. Mismanagement of the company got it to this point, so the mismanagers should be the first to go.

Missed the latest rounds of buyouts, did ya?

It's a shame most couriers would never dare to step up and take additional responsibility to improve the performance of the company. Lots of talk, no action.

59 Dano

They're expanding Express by BUYING a company that already has the freaking protections you're talking about because growth would otherwise be impossible without them. Unless you know of a more expedient way to expand in those areas without the access and protections that they've just purchased.

59 Dano

If you can put aside meaningfully pay increases for “financial challenges”, without detailing or defining the circumstances of such challenges , you are signaling a big FU to your employees.

They've been detailing them all year and if you choose pretend they haven't (as another post has done because he's already gone all-in with his nonsense) then that's on you.

vantexan

They're expanding Express by BUYING a company that already has the freaking protections you're talking about because growth would otherwise be impossible without them. Unless you know of a more expedient way to expand in those areas without the access and protections that they've just purchased.
Apparently they bought a company that couldn't compete but think they'll do it better. Much like DHL buying Airborne to expand in the U.S. That worked out well.

vantexan

The last raise was 6 months early. Doing this takes back the extra and then some.

vantexan

And DHL is subsidised by the German postal service. Compete with that.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They are honoring its word. Why don't you go back and reeducate --or as is more likely the case, educate-- yourself on the promise that was made.

Missed the latest rounds of buyouts, did ya?

It's a shame most couriers would never dare to step up and take additional responsibility to improve the performance of the company. Lots of talk, no action.
So now you're defending the deception of the 10-decade plan. What does whale :poop: look like up close?