Raises for 2019

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes Fed_ex :censored2:. Really Its Matching Funds. 1% match 1st 1% .5% match next 5%. Little Jerk -Off ,thats what you do best.
587154fbf1683.jpeg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Again, @59 Dano, FedEx has come through in its usual trustworthy style to demonstrate the real value of its P-S-P philosophy.

Aren't you embarrassed by the company you so dedicatedly defend?

Tell me, what's the proper way to handle the situation? Ideally, you lay people off. A few people are ticked off because they lost their jobs but it beats having EVERYONE ticked off because they aren't getting the raise they expect or cuts in benefits or something else. But noooooo, they don't lay people off. So let's hear it. I know you think everyone should get raises no matter what BECAUSE REASONS, which is a common belief shared by many people whose business experience is helping out at a garage sale.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Tell me, what's the proper way to handle the situation? Ideally, you lay people off. A few people are ticked off because they lost their jobs but it beats having EVERYONE ticked off because they aren't getting the raise they expect or cuts in benefits or something else. But noooooo, they don't lay people off. So let's hear it. I know you think everyone should get raises no matter what BECAUSE REASONS, which is a common belief shared by many people whose business experience is helping out at a garage sale.
Your defense of the company’s lack of integrity speaks volumes about yours.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Corporate apologist strategy there.

FedEx is notorious for demanding that people keep working harder and harder all the time while Fred expects a free lunch out of it. Sorry (actually I’m not) but if you want more productivity out if people, then pay them fair compensation for it, plain and simple.

FedEx just doesn’t get it. Neither does Dano.

Serf

The last time we got 2% raise the Handlers got 0%. With an explanation of how they were paid above the market level for Cargo Handling, lol.

vantexan

I actually thought, foolishly thought, that FedEx would stick to the step plan due to the strong economy. If FedEx is losing money in this economy they are being mismanaged. And layoffs? What kind of message would that send to Wall Street? It's all about keeping profits up, and paying dividends to keep Wall Street happy and keep the stock price up so they can cash in on their stock options. So, as has been the case since ZapMail, they take from the employees to cover their blunders. I saw 10+ year employees placed on Step 2 with the new plan. How do you think they feel right now?

59 Dano

Your defense of the company’s lack of integrity speaks volumes about yours.

LOL, when the facts confuse you and you can't make a coherent and logical argument for something, try to make it an issue of integrity. That's what clowns tend to do.

59 Dano

I actually thought, foolishly thought, that FedEx would stick to the step plan due to the strong economy. If FedEx is losing money in this economy they are being mismanaged.

A strong economy in the US doesn't equal a strong economy in every country in which Express operates.

And layoffs? What kind of message would that send to Wall Street? It's all about keeping profits up, and paying dividends to keep Wall Street happy and keep the stock price up so they can cash in on their stock options. So, as has been the case since ZapMail, they take from the employees to cover their blunders. I saw 10+ year employees placed on Step 2 with the new plan. How do you think they feel right now?

I don't know. Why don't you ask them?

fedx

Extra Large Package
I actually thought, foolishly thought, that FedEx would stick to the step plan due to the strong economy. If FedEx is losing money in this economy they are being mismanaged. And layoffs? What kind of message would that send to Wall Street? It's all about keeping profits up, and paying dividends to keep Wall Street happy and keep the stock price up so they can cash in on their stock options. So, as has been the case since ZapMail, they take from the employees to cover their blunders. I saw 10+ year employees placed on Step 2 with the new plan. How do you think they feel right now?

I had a feeling from my original March thread that FedEx would try to weasel their way out of it. All I know is peak has never ended at my location, so I don't know if it's that way anywhere else, but I find it hard to believe they are having problems. From what I've gathered, Express is hauling things so cheap for many businesses (to steal them away from UPS) that their profit margin is almost nothing. I would call that mismanagement. We also have employees who have been there 14 years and are on step 4, 12 years and on step 2. The 20 year top out plan never changed.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a feeling from my original March thread that FedEx would try to weasel their way out of it. All I know is peak has never ended at my location, so I don't know if it's that way anywhere else, but I find it hard to believe they are having problems. From what I've gathered, Express is hauling things so cheap for many businesses (to steal them away from UPS) that their profit margin is almost nothing. I would call that mismanagement. We also have employees who have been there 14 years and are on step 4, 12 years and on step 2. The 20 year top out plan never changed.
The ten step plan hasn’t changed. Too many people saw what they wanted to see and thought it meant ten YEARS. That was just a very clever play on words to keep people around who weren’t smart enough to read what it really said.

MAKAVELI

The ten step plan hasn’t changed. Too many people saw what they wanted to see and thought it meant ten YEARS. That was just a very clever play on words to keep people around who weren’t smart enough to read what it really said.
Actually it wouldn't matter if they put 10-year progression or 10-step plan. Both mean the same to FedEx

fedx

Extra Large Package

Yes you're right. It could have been a 5 year plan if they gave step progressions twice a year. But now it's just a plan which may or may not have a step progression. You might top out in 10 years (at best) or 20 years. It just depends on if we want to move you up a step or not. And this year we chose not to. Better luck next year everyone.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
LOL, when the facts confuse you and you can't make a coherent and logical argument for something, try to make it an issue of integrity. That's what clowns tend to do.
I’m not the confused one, but you are obviously the contorted one.

Integrity was the cornerstone of FedEx when I started there. The fact that it has no value now can be attributed to people like you.

FedEx should preface every notification with “Semantically speaking.....”

59 Dano

I had a feeling from my original March thread that FedEx would try to weasel their way out of it. All I know is peak has never ended at my location, so I don't know if it's that way anywhere else, but I find it hard to believe they are having problems. From what I've gathered, Express is hauling things so cheap for many businesses (to steal them away from UPS) that their profit margin is almost nothing. I would call that mismanagement.

The losses coming from the slowdown in the international sector have been issue #1 for most of this year. It's been in the news all year, it's been on the intranet home page plenty of times, it was a big deal in the annual report -- how the hell do you ignore that and come up with "I find it hard to believe they are having problems" and that they're offering service for practically nothing????

One minute you guys are saying that Express is the big greedy monster and the next minute you say they're giving the service away.

59 Dano

I’m not the confused one, but you are obviously the contorted one.

Integrity was the cornerstone of FedEx when I started there. The fact that it has no value now can be attributed to people like you.

FedEx should preface every notification with “Semantically speaking.....”

Spare me. You know as well as I do that you don't give a rip about integrity as long as you get what you think is yours.

I already asked you what the company should do to mitigate the issues it is facing. Not surprisingly, you ducked the question and opted to give me a sermon about integrity. How about this -- how much money should the company risk so that you get what you want, despite the issues it is facing?