Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

bbsam

Staff member
Exactly, they also don't operate in interstate commerce. I think when one of their drivers finally educates themselves on these rules and then sues for for unpaid ot, these contractors will be singing a different tune.

The delivery of a parcel in Illinois of a package coming from Texas is not part of interstate commeerce?

Goldilocks

Not if you allow them the flexibility to run their own route. Then they are managing it and its legal. None of my drivers work over 40 hours in a week. If they do, they are compensated with PTO.

600 per week is 15 an hour. What's starting pay at express?

17 to 18 an hour

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Soooo.....how many cards were mailed out? You know, if you FedEx guys are serious about the mailing activity Ricochet suggested, you could probably approach an IBT local in the area for help, like making copies for free, or something like that. Just can't have anything traced back to the local (no printing of the letters using stock with the local's letterhead, for example). The IBT may not be ready to fight in tuis battle with you, but if you are creative perhaps they can help with the 'logistics'!

STFXG

Or maybe you should learn the laws and realize there are plenty of loopholes. Since you're obviously talking out of your ass.

A loophole like at any given time I may have to take a P1200 out to my driver in a 2500 so he can finish the day?

As long as its once a week! I've got a guy in a sprinter 2500 that I have hook up to a cargo trailer and move it somewhere in the yard once a week. Since anything being towed raises your gvwr by the gvwr of the trailer.

Edit: doesn't have to be once a week. Just from "time to time". I just fact checked myself.

Last edited:

STFXG

Or how about this:
I pay my drivers 7.25 per hour.
7.25 x 40 = 290.
10.875 x 20 = 217.50. (Since all ground drivers run 60 hour weeks)
290 + 217.50 = 507.50
Then I pay a "don't whine like an express driver bonus" of 92.50.

Now my driver makes 600 per week and meets your overtime requirements. Feel better?

InsideUPS

Email just out from Bronczek.... That raise you thought you were getting in March will be delayed, (if it comes at all). Would not surprise me a bit if they were just stringing us along.

I thought you all would appreciate the photo I posted on the UPS side of BrownCafe... I think this is a photo of the "Fed-UP" Board of Directors that votes on our pay raises....

I wish you all the best....in your efforts for fair wages.

greed.jpg
greed.jpg

MAKAVELI

Or how about this:
I pay my drivers 7.25 per hour.
7.25 x 40 = 290.
10.875 x 20 = 217.50. (Since all ground drivers run 60 hour weeks)
290 + 217.50 = 507.50
Then I pay a "don't whine like an express driver bonus" of 92.50.

Now my driver makes 600 per week and meets your overtime requirements. Feel better?
You pay your drivers minimum wage well you guys are more :censored2:bags thanI thought you were.

Artee

As long as its once a week! I've got a guy in a sprinter 2500 that I have hook up to a cargo trailer and move it somewhere in the yard once a week. Since anything being towed raises your gvwr by the gvwr of the trailer.

That doesn't make any sense. When you hook a trailer up to a truck or tractor you are now talking about GCW or GCVWR. Nothing changes the GVWR of the tow vehicle. What its rated for is what its rated for. There is really no way to increase the GVWR. The sticker by the door will tell you what your legal max GVWR is. This represents the capacity of your truck in its given configuration, with axles, springs, brakes,tires, etc, and a factor of safety. Without changing major components like these and getting your truck re-certified somehow, you are stuck with what the sticker says.

MAKAVELI

Or maybe you should learn the laws and realize there are plenty of loopholes. Since you're obviously talking out of your ass.

A loophole like at any given time I may have to take a P1200 out to my driver in a 2500 so he can finish the day?

Edit: doesn't have to be once a week. Just from "time to time". I just fact checked myself.

No my friend that would be gross combined vehicle weight not gross vehicle weight. There is a difference and that difference would mean you would have to pay overtime.

STFXG

You are correct. I misstated. Gcwr can also be used to break the 10000 pound mark. I used the wrong term. And I understand the difference...

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=390.5

Thanks for pointing it out artee

STFXG

And it doesn't raise it by the gvwr of the trailer. Losing my mind today. Gcwr on a sprinter is something like 15000 lbs. can't remember exactly.

STFXG

http://www.dol.gov/whd/FieldBulletins/fab2010_2.htm

How many links do you need to understand? Go ahead and provide evidence that I'm wrong.

STFXG

Just pulled over and checked the placard for the 2500 I'm in...

GVWR 8550
GCWR 13550

Tried to post a pic but it wouldn't upload.