Raises for hourly employees defered till October.

MAKAVELI

http://www.dol.gov/whd/FieldBulletins/fab2010_2.htm

How many links do you need to understand? Go ahead and provide evidence that I'm wrong.
It does not matter if you have them pull a trailer. If they operate a vehicle 10000 lbs or less in the same week they are entitled to overtime. This has been challenged against a company in New York and found in favor of the drivers. What I'm am telling you is you are walking a fine line with this law and if your drivers ever decided to sue you they could probably win and clean you out. If you feel good about exploiting your workers so you can enjoy a nice profit then go for it. But don't be surprised if it comes back to you and bites you in the ass.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I work because I need the medical. No other reason.

You said that you have two degrees in the field of business. You have many more options at better employment with much better insurance than most.

Why haven't you exercised any of those better options?

59 Dano

Obviously not. If the ONLY reason I stayed with a company I hate is for the benefits (as he said), I wouldn't stay there 10 minutes longer in the day than I have to.

He's given different reasons for staying, so you can't put much stock into what he says. He's staying only because the real estate market tanked, he's staying only because he wants to be a thorn in the side of Fred/MT3, he's only staying for the medical.

Give him a month and he'll have another "I'm only staying here because" story.

59 Dano

There is so much gray area in that provisions. Like I said you are just skirting around the law and anybody who makes as much money as you guys claim to make and then not pay their employees overtime are just royal :censored2:bags

Maybe the guys in the business know more about it than a guy who isn't. What they don't know, their lawyers can tell them.

MAKAVELI

There is so much gray area in that provisions. Like I said you are just skirting around the law and anybody who makes as much money as you guys claim to make and then not pay their employees overtime are just royal :censored2:bags

Maybe the guys in the business know more about it than a guy who isn't. What they don't know, their lawyers can tell them.
Maybe they don't know more maybe they were just thinking about all that money they were going to make not having to pay overtime.

morgan

You pay your drivers minimum wage well you guys are more :censored2:bags thanI thought you were.
its no wonder we have people complaining about ground drivers all the time with people like STFXG owning routes. the guy is a scumbag and instead of doing whats right for the employee he skirts around these laws in order to screw them over. not saying that all ground drivers are unprofessional idiots but you get what you pay for.. if fedex got an enima ground is where they'd stick the tube!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's given different reasons for staying, so you can't put much stock into what he says. He's staying only because the real estate market tanked, he's staying only because he wants to be a thorn in the side of Fred/MT3, he's only staying for the medical.

Give him a month and he'll have another "I'm only staying here because" story.

I'm only staying here to irk you.

STFXG

You pay your drivers minimum wage well you guys are more :censored2:bags thanI thought you were.
its no wonder we have people complaining about ground drivers all the time with people like STFXG owning routes. the guy is a scumbag and instead of doing whats right for the employee he skirts around these laws in order to screw them over. not saying that all ground drivers are unprofessional idiots but you get what you pay for.. if fedex got an enima ground is where they'd stick the tube!

Read the thread again dummy. I was just pointing out loopholes to legally not pay overtime.

And you're right... You get what you pay for. Fedex pays me very well. I must be doing something right.

MAKAVELI

Read the thread again dummy. I was just pointing out loopholes to legally not pay overtime.

And you're right... You get what you pay for. Fedex pays me very well. I must be doing something right.
You only prove our point. That you are a scumbag. You are equivalent to the farm owner exploiting the field workers.

STFXG

If you disagree with the laws you should do something about it.

Or just continue to piss and moan on an Internet forum pretending like you will put any kind of personal effort in to see any real change... How many union cards have you got signed so far?

morgan

i'm sure they do. fedex as a company pays those who figure out ways to get one over on the people that actually go out and do the work. I'm not surprised it's how it's been for years now. i still stand behind my comment. anyway you slice it paying someone $600 a week, I'm guessing pretax and health insurance and prob 1 week vaca a year, to do this job is just wrong. I'm sure your bank acct is fine while your driver(s) are barely getting by.

MAKAVELI

If you disagree with the laws you should do something about it.

Or just continue to piss and moan on an Internet forum pretending like you will put any kind of personal effort in to see any real change... How many union cards have you got signed so far?

What does union cards have to do with you exploiting your workers? And like I said if your workers educate themselves on the laws they could bring litigation against you. So I wouldn't be so arrogant if I were you.

vantexan

What does union cards have to do with you exploiting your workers? And like I said if your workers educate themselves on the laws they could bring litigation against you. So I wouldn't be so arrogant if I were you.

Corporate legal dept isn't going to allow contractors to violate state labor laws. Whatever they are doing has been shaped into it's present form by numerous litigations and represents what's deemed acceptable by the courts. As crappy as the pay is, compounded by no benefits, it's legal. The only people who could possibly take pride in what's happening at Ground, however, are those who are making good money and considering how they're making it that's nothing to be proud of.

MAKAVELI

Corporate legal dept isn't going to allow contractors to violate state labor laws. Whatever they are doing has been shaped into it's present form by numerous litigations and represents what's deemed acceptable by the courts. As crappy as the pay is, compounded by no benefits, it's legal. The only people who could possibly take pride in what's happening at Ground, however, are those who are making good money and considering how they're making it that's nothing to be proud of.

Bs. You guys have been breaking labor laws since day one. Try to justify all you want to spin the truth all you want but you know what everybody knows the truth.

vantexan

Bs. You guys have been breaking labor laws since day one. Try to justify all you want to spin the truth all you want but you know what everybody knows the truth.

You guys? Can you cite specific examples? I know you don't like what they're doing at Ground, I don't like it either. But are you saying Ground exists in a vacuum where they do whatever they like, break laws, whatever, and suffer no repercussions? No one notices? No one sues, even with money to be had for the taking? All their drivers are just taking it, no one is suing their contractor and FedEx? Seriously?

morgan

Starting PAY is NOT 17-18 maybe in the highest pay scale areas, but the majority
of the US according to FEDEX is in the 2 lowest pay scales. 14-15.
i know they bumped up starting pay a year or so ago. i heard some of the newer guys saying that if they quit and got rehired they would get paid more. my sta is just below $17