Re-Classifying Couriers as Non-DOT

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This has little to do with why Fred is doing away with most DOT couriers, however...it's about saving him money and having the ability to skirt DOT hours of service regulations.

How is following DOT regulations to the letter considered "skirting" them?

Does the hand hurt...or do you like it up there?

The hand doesn't hurt at all. Your wife uses lotion.

59 Dano

I have drivers who regularly complain about 9 hours. 14 hour day are not going to fly well let alone anything above that number should the restriction be lifted.

I've known lots of OT hogs who HATE the 14 hour and 10 hour rules.

It will be fine

You're forgetting that most ground drivers don't get overtime pay. Oh yeah that means more money in Fred's bank account.

I love how you guys "know" how most ground drivers are paid. Have you polled the 8000 contractors? And how does them not getting overtime get Fred more money? They don't work for Fred.

MAKAVELI

Dude, you don't have to prove anything to me. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. The fact is every ground driver I've come across has told me they are not paid hourly or overtime for that matter. We have quite a few ground drivers applying to Express for that very reason along with zero benefits. There are contractors on this forum that openly admit they don't pay ot and are proud of it. Fred makes $ off this scam because of a low labor cost structure designed to keep drivers wages down. In other words the less he has to pay you the more he makes. Comprende?

59 Dano

Dude, you don't have to prove anything to me. Maybe you do, maybe you don't. The fact is every ground driver I've come across has told me they are not paid hourly or overtime for that matter.

So out of 10,000 or more Ground drivers, you've come across a few dozen?

CJinx

"You can't prove me wrong, so I must be right!"
Come on. MFE tried that :censored2: by claiming that a Matt Thorton commutes to work in a jet on a regular basis.

The fact of the matter is that some contractors pay overtime, some pay salary, some abuse "fluctuating work week" laws to pay half-time. Depends on who you ask and where you live. Assuming that your local example is uniform across the entire operation just because it fits your narrative of a company that you despise (yet continue to work for and cash their paychecks) is just asinine.

59 Dano

So in other words, you know I'm right and have no proof I'm wrong. Thanks Dano. You really are a lousy schill .

In that case, if I say you molest little boys and you can't prove you don't, then I'm right. Right?

While we're at it, none of the smokers I've known have died early deaths from smoking-related illnesses. I guess smoking is healthy.