Ready for the last week of Peak? lol

Marne Vet

Riiiight. I thought it was funny when I heard someone say "We only have one more week of Peak to go" on Friday. Just shook my head and walked to my blown-out 800. Peak will not end for us after this week. I'll most likely keep my helper for another week like the last few years, and then just have to finish cleaning up my area on my own until it settles down a little. I'll still be smoked daily, so to me Peak never ends. I am optimistic though. At 42 I figure I'm half way to being dead, so I've got that going for me.

Indecisi0n

Peak has been the easiest time of the year for me. I might get more stop but the helper takes most of the painful in/out of the car. So even on 13 hr days I am still fine.

Marne Vet

Peak has been the easiest time of the year for me. I might get more stop but the helper takes most of the painful in/out of the car. So even on 13 hr days I am still fine.

I agree partially. I might not get out of the truck as much, but digging through a packed 800 every day like an Archeologist and having to rearrange the Preloads mess takes its toll. My helper isn't quick. I'm still doing a 2 to 1 ratio almost every time we stop. I used to love this time of year because of what you said. Now? Not so much.

Indecisi0n

That's not an excuse for these stop counts, or for being crippled before the age of 50. It is NOT what I'm here for.

You choice your own speed. If you can do 120 and you get 160 then guess what? Don't get it done. People take work off me daily because I'm over dispatched. Not my problem.

Marne Vet

You choice your own speed. If you can do 120 and you get 160 then guess what? Don't get it done. People take work off me daily because I'm over dispatched. Not my problem.

That doesn't happen [here]. I have NEVER changed my pace, and my stops have still gone up. You're dreaming if you think punching-out late is the answer. We have several drivers who punch out around 9 pm every day. Work taken off? What Utopian center do you work in, and are there any bids available?

Indecisi0n

I gave 12am eta all last week. They take work off me to get me in by 10:30. By Friday I ran out of hours which I was cool with. I'll do it again next week.

MassWineGuy

When I was hired they told me I could go until Jan. 15th. Maybe after everyone returns the gifts they don't want I'll be able to get out and drive.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
3 more weeks of peak at least and thats if they get caught up. Alot depends on the weather delays also. It is what it is dude whatever. I aint sweating it lol.

Marne Vet

Exactly. Had a 2 am a week ago. A couple 12 Amy's a 11 pm here and there

Impossible for us [here]. One, we HAVE to make the Air Wall by 8:30 if we picked up NDA's. Two, we would be told to get in and sheet everything not attempted missed. Even if they sent you help, there is no way they would allow a driver to stay out past 10 PM. The closest I ever came was 9:45, with a sup, and the DM called him and was yelling at him so loud I could hear it in the Jump Seat from his phone.