REAL CLEAR POLITICS..... polls and tracking!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
New polling data for thursday is out... Race is tied as Romneys momentum in the polls has stalled. East coast will be out of the polling data at least until sunday so polling will be inacurate for the next cycle.

Race is still close overall, but OBAMA still leads in the critical states. Romney continues to gaffe in the final days and his JEEP ad will sink him in Mich, OHIO and PENN.

peace

TOS

M

MenInBrown

New polling data for thursday is out... Race is tied as Romneys momentum in the polls has stalled. East coast will be out of the polling data at least until sunday so polling will be inacurate for the next cycle.

RCP Average
10/22 - 10/31
--
--
Tie
Rasmussen Reports
10/29 - 10/31
1500 LV
Romney +2
FOX News
10/28 - 10/30
1128 LV
Tie
ABC News/Wash Post
10/27 - 10/30
1288 LV
Tie
CBS News/NY Times
10/25 - 10/28
563 LV
Obama +1
National Journal
10/25 - 10/28
713 LV
Obama +5
Pew Research
10/24 - 10/28
1495 LV
Tie
Gallup
10/22 - 10/28
2700 LV
Romney +5
NPR
10/23 - 10/25
1000 LV
Romney +1
IBD/TIPP
10/22 - 10/27
930 LV
Obama +1
Politico/GWU/Battleground
10/22 - 10/25
1000 LV
Obama +1

Race is still close overall, but OBAMA still leads in the critical states. Romney continues to gaffe in the final days and his JEEP ad will sink him in Mich, OHIO and PENN.

peace

TOS

Romney will win Ohio and Penn

menotyou

bella amicizia
Obama has the issue of the voters who are dealing with the carnage of Sandy. How will they vote? That is a highly democratic are that was wiped out.

M

MenInBrown

What makes you think so?

Just making the assumption based on there being a huge swing in REP turnout this election that will not be reflected based on polls...These polls are based on a 2008 turnout model. that is just my opinion.

brett636

What makes you think so?

A lot of these polls are basing their numbers on an equal democrat turnout to the 2008 election. When adjusted for a more realistic turnout the numbers move towards Romney's favor. I think its safe to say obama simply can't match the level of excitement he enjoyed in 2008 therefore his turnout level is going to be diminished.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What makes you think so?

A lot of these polls are basing their numbers on an equal democrat turnout to the 2008 election. When adjusted for a more realistic turnout the numbers move towards Romney's favor. I think its safe to say obama simply can't match the level of excitement he enjoyed in 2008 therefore his turnout level is going to be diminished.
Except in states where the Latino population has increased.
That is why I wrote off Nevada.

island1fox

I realize that all of us like a little back and forth . Many of the posts are informative and thoughful, some very funny and very few have a nasty or hatred messages.

The only thing I cannot figure out is how people can make such definite statements of who will win what State and who will win the election.

Hoax put it the best that he will update his prediction the day after the election. Many laughed at that --but if we have another repeat of the Bush vs Gore --we may have alot more time to make those '"DEFINITE" statements.

At this point --with the polls pointing every direction ---ANYTHING can happen !!!:wink2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just making the assumption based on there being a huge swing in REP turnout this election that will not be reflected based on polls...These polls are based on a 2008 turnout model. that is just my opinion.

thats not your opinion, its the fox news opinion. They said the same thing this morning. So far, democrats have out registered republicans in all of the swing states. In OHIO, in early voting, democrats are out pacing republicans.

Even the most realistic talking heads on fox say its gonna be tough for Romney to win OHIO and it will probably go to OBAMA along with the other swings.

Peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member

What makes you think it's based on 08 numbers? And even if so, it would take an awful lot of people not showing up to get to your prediction. What I find strangest though, is former Obama supporters now supporting Romney. If you were buying what Obama was selling and don't like it, seems like Romney is is the extreme case of what people don't like in Obama. Or people are fickle and easily swayed by superficial nothingness. If you didn't like to big to fail banks with Obama, how is Romney "change" in any desirable way?

menotyou

bella amicizia
What makes you think it's based on 08 numbers? And even if so, it would take an awful lot of people not showing up to get to your prediction. What I find strangest though, is former Obama supporters now supporting Romney. If you were buying what Obama was selling and don't like it, seems like Romney is is the extreme case of what people don't like in Obama. Or people are fickle and easily swayed by superficial nothingness. If you didn't like to big to fail banks with Obama, how is Romney "change" in any desirable way?
And, he has the Ryan issue. I do not like that man or his beliefs.

island1fox

Ryan at very least has a plan and a budget ---much more than with get from TOS ---of course meaning the other party.

Disagree with a plan is fine --but propose your own .

M

MenInBrown

Well this election is not going to be won on beliefs...its going to be won on the economy.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ryan at very least has a plan and a budget ---much more than with get from TOS ---of course meaning the other party.

Disagree with a plan is fine --but propose your own .

RYANs own plan says HIS BUDGET proposal doesnt balance until "sometime near 2040"... which when translated into simple english means THEY WILL CONTINUE TO ADD TO THE NATIONAL DEBT BUT AT A LOWER percentage of GDP.

What dont you understand about this and then call it a plan??

Peace

TOS