Really Confused about Contract

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Don’t be Jealous that you don’t have the Physique that -Tyler has....

Just you wait.

I'm going to make a YouTube video, showing me lifting weights. (like him)

I'm the Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee of the Teamsters. :biggrin:

but all kidding aside, you don’t think this kid has passion and a willingness to help his fellow union brother ?

I can't or will, dispute his willingness to do something.

But, the inaccuracies in his videos.... is like listening to "nails on a chalkboard".

did you know everything you know now about unionism and ups language and such at the age of 25 ?

I started at UPS when I was 19, and filed my first grievance 6 months later.

The steward looked at me and asked "So.. you think you know everything ?"

I said nope, but I'm going to learn.

Just watching him be led down the "primrose path" by TDU, is upsetting.

He could be an asset to the Teamsters Union.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

No, she was told answers to her questions by her husband and is banking on a retro check for Christmas. She apparently can’t take her husband’s word that he doesn’t know when or how much will come and gets on here to second guess his competence. If her Christmas plans were based off a retro check, sounds like she’s needs to plan better and stop worrying about something her husband can’t control.
And that will be a big check. Mad money. Lol.

JL 0513

Best case scenario I think we may see checks by February. February marks another raise and I doubt UPS has any interest in going beyond that.

That makes 6 months owed to us. For the typical driver, that means roughly $550 gross. Maybe $400 net?

To the OP, a check before Christmas (highly unlikely) would be more like $300.

If a UPS driver family needs $300 to plan for Christmas, you're doing it wrong.

Observer

The wife should track all of his hours since Aug. 1st. That way she'll know how many hours to expect on the back check. She shouldn't expect it for Christmas. Be glad her hubby isn't one of the airline mechanics who've haven't had a new contract for 4 years! Checks might be forthcoming in FEB. 2019 but probably later. I feel they will probably be paid in the first quarter but later in March 2019. That way the company can say they had losses due to less volume and paying out the back pay. She needs to start putting stuff in layaway. In our family we buy a couple of things every month starting with the after Christmas sales. We put them in bag and make a note of where the stash is. Everything is finished by the 2nd week of November. That way you can ENJOY the holidays. Layaways are great. You don't need to spoil the kids. Donate to a shelter some gloves and sockhats. That is much more rewarding. We donate to a nokill shelter for canines/felines. Pet food, old blankets, treats. It does the heart good.

Indecisi0n

Just you wait.

I'm going to make a YouTube video, showing me lifting weights. (like him)

I'm the Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee of the Teamsters. :biggrin:

I can't or will, dispute his willingness to do something.

But, the inaccuracies in his videos.... is like listening to "nails on a chalkboard".

I started at UPS when I was 19, and filed my first grievance 6 months later.

The steward looked at me and asked "So.. you think you know everything ?"

I said nope, but I'm going to learn.

Just watching him be led down the "primrose path" by TDU, is upsetting.

He could be an asset to the Teamsters Union.

-Bug-
Where is this video you speak of?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Where is this video you speak of?
1fdc21e6e479455c9673d6af69d9b881d8fdddb1fff47261c24ef9b2a73c3fe5.jpg

BrownRecycler

Don't divorce your husband. He is working hard and by asking question behind his back means that you are having a trust issue. He may not have give a straight answer to you because we are in the same boat. But, I have no clues what are your financial situation. Maybe, he have drug habit. Maybe.

But, please see a marriage counselor. Don't divorce him. He appreciate your hard work in ironing his brown truck uniforms he wore to UPS. Even if he didn't admit it, he appreciate your hard works.

You should see Dave Ramsey show. It may help your financial future.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Best case scenario I think we may see checks by February. February marks another raise and I doubt UPS has any interest in going beyond that.

That makes 6 months owed to us. For the typical driver, that means roughly $550 gross. Maybe $400 net?

To the OP, a check before Christmas (highly unlikely) would be more like $300.

If a UPS driver family needs $300 to plan for Christmas, you're doing it wrong.
No split raises in this contract, so no raise in February buddy. Only raises in August!