Really Confused about Contract

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Interesting, I missed that. I saw the raises and must have assumed they were split as they usually are.
That was one of the so called wins for the union look up the new agreement it should state august as the raises as August 2018 August 2019 and so on.

JL 0513

That was one of the so called wins for the union look up the new agreement it should state august as the raises as August 2018 August 2019 and so on.

How is that a win? It would be if the full raise was in February but now we not only don't get half the raise from Feb to Aug but no raise.

BigBrown87

This was posted in a earlier thread about raises being paid on the 1st of August, so no splitting this time around, hope this helps.

BigBrown87

How is that a win? It would be if the full raise was in February but now we not only don't get half the raise from Feb to Aug but no raise.
We got a raise in August 1st 2018, it will be paid retro check once the supplements are passed. And you will get another raise in August 2019. What else do you want to know about the raises in the new agreement.

JL 0513

We got a raise in August 1st 2018, it will be paid retro check once the supplements are passed. And you will get another raise in August 2019. What else do you want to know about the raises in the new agreement.

That was my only misunderstanding was that they were no longer split.

Why did the members demand this? Each year, we lose 6 months of the first half of the raise in pay. So for example, the first year we lose .35/hr from Feb-Aug. How is this good?

542thruNthru

The Feb raise was always the second half of the raise the year before.

So actually you're getting more money on Aug then you normally would.

BigBrown87

That was my only misunderstanding was that they were no longer split.

Why did the members demand this? Each year, we lose 6 months of the first half of the raise in pay. So for example, the first year we lose .35/hr from Feb-Aug. How is this good?
You get the whole raise in August compared to waiting 6 more months for the other half. Do you understand waiting longer for another 50 cents adds up over 6 months.

JL 0513

You get the whole raise in August compared to waiting 6 more months for the other half. Do you understand waiting longer for another 50 cents adds up over 6 months.

I had it backwards. I mistakenly reversed Feb and Aug as what was the first part of the year.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Just you wait.

I'm going to make a YouTube video, showing me lifting weights. (like him)

I'm the Chuck Norris/Bruce Lee of the Teamsters. :biggrin:

I can't or will, dispute his willingness to do something.

But, the inaccuracies in his videos.... is like listening to "nails on a chalkboard".

I started at UPS when I was 19, and filed my first grievance 6 months later.

The steward looked at me and asked "So.. you think you know everything ?"

I said nope, but I'm going to learn.

Just watching him be led down the "primrose path" by TDU, is upsetting.

He could be an asset to the Teamsters Union.

-Bug-
I think I started to get some tears in my eyes when I read this. Thank you....for everything.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hi all, My husband has been a FT Driver with UPS for for 7 years. We are in WI - local 344. He's a steward and so he talks a lot about the union contract (which he voted no on). I have been trying to understand the contract situation as he explains it and can not. Following the Oct. vote and ratification, he told me that we should be receiving a check for his raise back to August 1st. That hasn't happened? I'm sitting down to plan for Christmas and he doesn't know what's going on with it and everything he says is a big jumble to my ears... Could someone please put it into to simple terms for me. Will there be back pay for a raise? When will that happen? Is it really a thing?
Is the $200 check you'd get for back pay at this point really matter that much?