really?!?!?!

Kis124

At our pcm this morning, we were informed that we need to hydrate BEFORE our shift...not during...I don't know about other people, but at 2 am all I want to drink is coffee. Sups in a extreme bad moods today more so than ever....:fightings:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah it's pretty common knowledge u need to hydrate before physical exertion. You can't hydrate fast enough to keep up with the fluids being lost. However even though water is best your body really isn't picky about what kind of fluids it gets soda tea even coffee help keep you hydrated as long as its not extreme heat. I always try to drink a large glass of water before bed and as soon as I get up.

Somehow my wife never buys the line that I'm just trying to keep her hydrated.....

rod

Retired 22 years
So is the OP saying they don't want them taking time to take a drink while they are sorting?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At our pcm this morning, we were informed that we need to hydrate BEFORE our shift...not during...I don't know about other people, but at 2 am all I want to drink is coffee. Sups in a extreme bad moods today more so than ever....:fightings:

Obviously did not get his/her coffee before the sort.
It is a good idea to hydrate as much as you can before the sort but you have to stay hydrated during the sort too.
Bring a jug/bottle friend water and fill up before the sort and at break and drink on area.

ryansox

Oh yea they stopped giving us the water talk. One time the temp sup gave us a very interesting pcm every morning. Stop bring in our coffee was one day. Also another day they actually walked around asking us for our water bottles.

Kis124

We don't get breaks...they want us working every second. Give us a hard time if we have to de-hydrate..our start time has been 4:30..and shut down by 8...So no time for water breaks..so they say...

BigBeef42

PCM's are the best thing on earth. Sarcasm?

I remember, my old boss used to whine about bathroom breaks. Can you say urinary-tract infection? Not me personally, but you can imagine. Drinking tons of fluids, but whining about the consequntial bathroom breaks? UPS at it's finest.

btrlov

UPS abuses people so naturally its paranoid that it will be abused, that's why they whine about bathroom breaks... they abusive employees and the employees abusive them back. Its all nonsense.

BigBeef42

It really is nonsense. back and forth like children. The older I get the more I understand that people are just big-children. People never grow up, and they bring there behavior to work. They wear polo shirts and whine about too many bathroom breaks. ;)

So is the OP saying they don't want them taking time to take a drink while they are sorting?

This haha.

Sadly, this is already somewhat true for me. Il take the hit and not drink water at times. If I stop sorting the slide will jam and then I am taking time away from my sup or the sorter who has to run down and help (I wish I could climb on the slide instead of using a hook).

I actually do respect my sups and management. Feb - May our belt did extremely well, so now we are treated like competent adults.