Reasonable cause testing for package car drivers

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I posted the dot regulations, clearly stating controlled substances, which you say it doesn't, yet you still claim I'm the one that can't comprehend? Did you not read the regulations?
Maybe you should google controlled substance. Because you can't comprehend this:
(b) An employer shall require a driver to submit to a controlled substances test when the employer hasreasonable suspicion to believe that the driver has violated the prohibitions of subpart B of this part concerning controlled substances. The employer's determination that reasonable suspicion exists to require the driver to undergo a controlled substances test must be based on specific, contemporaneous, articulable observations concerning the appearance, behavior, speech or body odors of the driver. The observations may includeindications of the chronic and withdrawal effects of controlled substances.
You were caught with a controlled substance. Your defense was two supervisors have to catch you, which is a union thing. So I ask you, where in that paragraph does it say two supervisors have to catch you. Because unless you insert words post copy, it isn't there.
There they are again, you're still trying to convince yourself that doesn't say controlled substances, ok.
YOU WERE CAUGHT USING A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. I don't have to convince anybody it doesn't say controlled substance.
I do know that I have a standing offer at a law firm. Never said they would pay me to go to college, they are willing to help me with tuition if I am not able to pay it all myself.
No law firm hires someone before they even go to school. That's like UPS hiring somebody because they're thinking about getting a drivers license.
I was never a full time driver, I was driving full time for peak, I have stated this before, another example that you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.
Looked throughout the thread. You never said you were a peak driver. Sorry.
Don't have millions saved up, have enough to pay for most, if not all the expenses I would incur attending law school.
I just find it amazing someone who just got fired out of the blue, was a PTer for 8 years, has at a minimum 45,000 saved to get a law degree.
Haha, another incorrect presumption, I actually work for the law firm I've made reference to, worked there after I got off of my part time job at ups.
Even more surprising is that they'd hire someone who swept the floors for them to go to law school.
I suppose I am on a high horse, if that's what you call confidence.
No it's called arrogance.
I didn't have to resign, that's why it's called a resignation. I did choose to resign, because my local would not do its job and I always knew ups wasn't someplace I wanted a career. I had become complacent.
You were backed up against a wall. You either had to resign and be able to walk out saying you left on your own accord, or would be fired for it. You were forced in resignation to save face.
I don't have enough to do both. You're wrong once again about the big name law firm, it's actaully a small law firm,
I might buy it if you were like a paralegal at a big law firm and wanted to go to law school. I don't buy that a small law firm would pay for it.
Move on. No one here believes your story, mother goose.
Nothing sadder than having to prove to people your life is amazing when it came crashing down because of stupidity.

JustAnumber1

First of all that is alcohol. But that isn't surprising with you. Second if two supervisors are suspicious that you are high or drunk you can be sent to be tested. We have training that allows us to do such.

This is the statement I'm referencing, you said that observation is only required for alcohol, yet the regulations state an observation must be made for controlled substances too. I concede, the regulations don't require observation by two supervisors, but they do by one and I was never observed by a supervisor period.

Maybe you should google controlled substance. Because you can't comprehend this:

You were caught with a controlled substance. Your defense was two supervisors have to catch you, which is a union thing. So I ask you, where in that paragraph does it say two supervisors have to catch you. Because unless you insert words post copy, it isn't there.

No, I actually wasn't caught with a controlled substance. You're right, it doesn't say two, but it says one, or at least implies it, how else are observations to be made?

YOU WERE CAUGHT USING A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. I don't have to convince anybody it doesn't say controlled substance.

You said that was in reference to alcohol, you disputed that observations had to be made for a controlled substance. I was not caught using anything, drug metabolites stay in your system long after the effects of usage have subsided.

No law firm hires someone before they even go to school. That's like UPS hiring somebody because they're thinking about getting a drivers license.

You may not realize this, but law firms actually employ people besides lawyers. Not everyone has to be a lawyer to work at a law firm, so, imagine a scenario where someone gets a job as a paralegal, as a paige, or some other support staff position. now prepare yourself for this, it actually happens. For the record, I have been to school, I have a batchelor's degree, this is really going to blow your mind, the law firm employed me while I was in school!!!!

Looked throughout the thread. You never said you were a peak driver. Sorry.

I apologize too, I underestimated your reading comprehension, you were able to pick out one key, relevant fact. You get a gold star!!!!

I just find it amazing someone who just got fired out of the blue, was a PTer for 8 years, has at a minimum 45,000 saved to get a law degree.

Let's check your math skills. I'm trying to ballpark this and keep it simple for you. My first year I think I made 13k or so, after progression, raises, driving Saturday air and rtding for 3 years I was up to around 25k last year. So that's an average of 19k a year for 8 years. That's 152,000, let's give the government there cut, say 30%, that leaves me with 106,400. I also bought as much stock as I could, in 2009 I think I was getting stock for 40/50 bucks a share, have you seen the price lately? Turns out, I've done pretty well on that investment. Did you comprehend the part where I said I never needed the money and saved it all? I do wish I could get a law degree for 45,000 and actaully you can at some schools but the school id like to attend will run me closer to 75k.

Even more surprising is that they'd hire someone who swept the floors for them to go to law school.

Why is that surprising? Doesn't ups hire from within? Why would it shock you that people I've worked with for years would like to see me do well, would be willing to help me and would offer me a job upon graduation? Maybe you are not familiar with the law profession but I assure you, it is far from uncommon for someone that started out at the bottom level while they were in school to matriculate, get a law degree and be hired by the same firm they once took out the trash for. You realize that there are a lot of father son practices in the law profession right? So would it surprise you that the son may have swept the floors while in high school and yet was still hired to practice law at the same firm a few years later?

No it's called arrogance.

Call it what you want, I think you're jealous.

You were backed up against a wall. You either had to resign and be able to walk out saying you left on your own accord, or would be fired for it. You were forced in resignation to save face.

To some extent you're right. They were going to try and fire me, I could have chose to continue fighting. I probably would have lost. In the end, I didn't see why I should fight for a job I didn't plan on keeping anyway, like I've said before, always knew I wanted something different, just wasn't sure what it was, became complacent at ups.

I might buy it if you were like a paralegal at a big law firm and wanted to go to law school. I don't buy that a small law firm would pay for it.

Again, you may not realize this but many a small firm lawyer has paid for their son to go to law school. I really don't care what you choose to buy, but I assure you, the small firm I work for has offered. This is really going to blow your mind, the firm has actaully offered to help me with any career choice I make. It's nice getting to know your boss on a personal level, never met the ceo of ups, but I know my boss at the law firm and his family. At Christmas time I don't get a card in the mail, I've got a seat at the table and you still don't think the law firm would help me? Oh well, believe what you want.

Nothing sadder than having to prove to people your life is amazing when it came crashing down because of stupidity.

I truly pity you, I live the life of a king, I'm more fortunate than most, I have the world in the palm of my hand, my opportunities are boundless, leaving ups was simply a wake up call, time to quit being a college kid and choose a real career. You on the other hand are stuck sucking the brown tit. You cant leave because your earning potential has been fully realized at ups, everything you have is dependent upon your weekly check and I'm sure you're living week to week. I'm sorry you got stuck at a thankless job and now you can't leave because you have too many financial obligations. Just because I didn't knock up the first girl to give me some and get tied into the monotony of average that you call a life, thats no reason for you to envy me.

Last edited:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

This is the statement I'm referencing, you said that observation is only required for alcohol, yet the regulations state an observation must be made for controlled substances too. I concede, the regulations don't require observation by two supervisors, but they do by one and I was never observed by a supervisor period.
Sigh. And you say reading comprehension isn't my thing. I was saying the regulation you referenced was for alcohol....

Supervisors don't have to observe you doing the drugs. They have to observe you under the influence of them. Which if you ran like you did, you must have been under the influence. Otherwise you had nothing to hide.

You're going to make a great attorney.

P

pickup

Were you there? When was I observed by two supervisors? I do appreciate you working to subsidize my obamacare. Job prospects for law career, I'd say they're about 100% as I already have a standing offer at a firm. Student loan debt, will be minimal, I purchased enough stock while at ups to pay for a law degree and said firm is willing to pay for anything I'm not able too. You should not assume to know so much about me, my life, or my finances. As I've stated before, I never worked at ups for the money, never needed it, the insurance was nice and it was a great place to waste time figuring out my next move in life. Again, when you go to work monday, I'll be going to New York city, because I saved my money, I have never lived paycheck to paycheck like so many, like I assume you do, one paycheck away from being delinquent on your mortgage. So I am now able to enjoy my freedom, I'm able to travel and do things my schedule at ups wouldn't permit. Please work hard Monday and for the rest of your days, as I'm looking forward to the pension I earned while at ups, so it's still in my best interest that the company remain financially strong.
As far as the information I came here seeking, thankfully, there were much more helpful responses than yours, my questions were answered. I am not in denial of anything. I was interested in whether or not I was required to or needed to take a class. That question was answered long before you chimed in.
The world will always need ditch diggers and I'm glad you know your lot in life, mine however, is not what you have assumed. I'm going to travel and see many things that I have always dreamed of while you worry about keeping your supervisors happy. I'm sorry to disappoint you but resigning from ups was probably the best decision I have ever made, I spent 8 years being complacent, thinking like you that ups was a good place to work and have a career, you probably consider yourself lucky to make the money you do, I on the other hand always felt I was selling myself short, I have always known that I am meant to accomplish more, I've just taken the long way to get there.

So much to respond to , but I really don't care! Have a good life, Loser!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
SMH that this thread is still not locked. Laughing hysterically that the OP feels the need to return and explain themselves!