'Removed from Service' for waiting for pick ups.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I delivered all my packages / lunch by 1500
My last pickup was 1700
My supervisor was aware of this

Are you messing with me or you think that is a termination. They have you really scared.

This is like you are at a grocery store and there are no customers, your manager is being lazy playing fruit ninja and you Stockholm patients say hey you need to interrupt his video game to say you feel guilty you have downtime. lol
I have seen people terminated for less. This is a very bad time to do stupid :censored2: as they are looking to chop as many people as possible. Hey I hope you can steal time and get away with it, more power to you if you can but I would never ever give them an easy hook to hang me on

542thruNthru

I have seen people terminated for less. This is a very bad time to do stupid :censored2: as they are looking to chop as many people as possible. Hey I hope you can steal time and get away with it, more power to you if you can but I would never ever give them an easy hook to hang me on
Save your breath brother. You won't convince some of these guys. Obviously there in no way anyone can lose their job for not doing any work for 2 hours. Especially when they knew an hour before that they would be sitting for 2 hours.

some1else

Banned
It’s not stealing time.
If you are sitting around in the middle of the day and you have work you could be doing that’s stealing time.
If you are waiting for a pickup that’s time In Service of the employer.
Im not sure why you are pretending you don’t understand the difference.

some1else

Banned
Save your breath brother. You won't convince some of these guys. Obviously there in no way anyone can lose their job for not doing any work for 2 hours. Especially when they knew an hour before that they would be sitting for 2 hours.
Management knew 8 hours before they would be sitting for 2 hours. Clear cut case of entrapment if you want to pretend anyone did anything wrong. The manager should be fired.
Would you guys be willing to admit in theory someone who delivered all their stops and are waiting at a pickup for their commit time is not really stealing, but acknowledge the company will view it as such?
Or do you think it is stealing period to have downtime in your dispatch (that management dictates)
I’ll agree with y’all things like people calling in for the 3rd time in a 12 month period can and will be brought in the office. But that does not mean that person is a bad driver and not showing up to work enough.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s not stealing time.
If you are sitting around in the middle of the day and you have work you could be doing that’s stealing time.
Not sure why you are pretending the proper method isn’t sending in a message letting them know you will be sitting for two hours waiting for pick ups. Management will usually try to move the pick ups and send you to help or see if you want to leave early.

The only argument that could possibly get your job back in this situation is an apology and promise that you were not purposefully stealing time. That you just didn’t know and thought you were doing your job waiting for your customers.

ManInBrown

You have to know better. Two hours? In the climate we are dealing with now. Management on the chopping block. You’ll get your job back, be smarter next time. 30 minutes? Fine. Two hours is crazy. You should’ve communicated with the center via diad. What do you want me to do?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Nobody directed him to sit there for 2 hours

It's like blaming the cheese company for not pulling a wrapper off the piece of cheese and eating it and somehow it's their fault...

A 2 hour gap is hard to explain and management isn't gonna take the fall for it.
I don't know.
If you're done with what they dispatched (the job they expect you to do) you before pick up time starts, what an opportunity.
You did the job they expected and you will continue to do the job that's expected when the time begins.

I don't know.
If you're done with what they dispatched (the job they expect you to do) you before pick up time starts, what an opportunity.
You did the job they expected and you will continue to do the job that's expected when the time begins.
Going to be smart about it
It's not like you had to wait 10 minutes of his last pickup because he was early

Commercial Inside Release

Clear cut case of entrapment if you want to pretend anyone did anything wrong. The manager should be fired.
You are right, it probably was a setup or entrapment, and yes, the manager should be fired...
But, he won't be.

Some parts of the country, center managers can act like a drunken Attila the Hun, and the worst that will happen to them is they eventually get transferred somewhere else.

some1else

Banned
I wish I could file a grievance on you scabs for stealing management (dispatching) work.
How much time a day do you waste doing dispatch which is not your job? Is that stealing time? Yes! Lol

some1else

Banned
The only argument that could possibly get your job back in this situation is an apology and promise that you were not purposefully stealing time. That you just didn’t know and thought you were doing your job waiting for your customers.
I am sorry you only gave me enough delivery’s to last until 3pm and you gave me a pickup that must be done at 5pm so unless I corrected your mistake I’d either be fired for you dispatching me with Downtime or for doing the pickup 2 hours early.
Do your cry when you say these kind of apologizes?

oldngray

nowhere special
I am sorry you only gave me enough delivery’s to last until 3pm and you gave me a pickup that must be done at 5pm so unless I corrected your mistake I’d either be fired for you dispatching me with Downtime or for doing the pickup 2 hours early.
Do your cry when you say these kind of apologizes?
Let us know how well that worked at your hearing.

some1else

Banned
Let us know how well that worked at your hearing.
Nobody cares about the “well in my route” stories but I have had up to 4.5hrs of downtime on good old air only Saturdays with commit at 13 and pickups starting 430. On a regular route 1.5 max so far. Have not had a hearing about it have not been fired for working as instructed; pickup compliance, and nowadays Orion trace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Simple context is we had a very VERY light day. Even with cut routes it was extraordinarily light. Once I finished my deliveries, lunch, and break I still had a good amount of time til pick ups. So I ended up waiting almost 2 hours just to start pick ups. Eventually did the pick ups, finished the day, and went home.

Fast forward a few days later and I get pulled into the office and questioned about the day. Was honest in my answers and kept them short and concise. Was told I'm being removed from service pending an investigation since I didn't check in when I finished deliveries.

I've never had a day like that where I was so light and had finished so early. The entire building was essentially a ghost town. So what should I expect? BA and Steward seem to be giving slightly optimistic answers, but still the first time dealing with something remotely like this. I have has some days where I finished early but only had 20ish minutes of downtime after lunch and break. Any advice or similar experiences?
I had a situation like that once.
When I finished my workload, I sent a message in and didn't hear back for a couple of hours.
It turned out I was in a dead spot, no signal.
Not until I moved from there to start my pickups did my board come alive.
I answered right away , but mgt wasn't pleased.
For me nothing really come from it, not that I cared either way.

Turns out I ended up most days with lots of hours to kill.
The woman handling my dispatch ended her day at 2pm, and no one was assigned to replace her.
So from 2 pm to 5:30 pm, I had time to kill.
I really didn't like that bid.

El Correcto

god is dead
Nobody cares about the “well in my route” stories but I have had up to 4.5hrs of downtime on good old air only Saturdays with commit at 13 and pickups starting 430. On a regular route 1.5 max so far. Have not had a hearing about it have not been fired for working as instructed; pickup compliance, and nowadays Orion trace.
I don’t know what your local is like, but talk to your steward and see what he says. I’d prefer to not have to send in a message and just wait, but that’s not how it works around here. The steward would be looking at me like wtf are you doing bud if I got terminated for stealing 2 hours of time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It’s not stealing time.
I would come up with a better defense when you eventually get terminated for stealing time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
You are right, it probably was a setup or entrapment, and yes, the manager should be fired...
But, he won't be.

Some parts of the country, center managers can act like a drunken Attila the Hun, and the worst that will happen to them is they eventually get transferred somewhere else.
In my area toxic management are treated like priests that diddle little boys: moved around and hushed up

Staydryitsraining

they have tons of spy technology including their iPads that show exactly how much work you have, how many pickups, pickup time etc. do I really need to send them a message to tell them what they already see on their iPad? your position is that if the supervisor dosnt do their job and check their iPad at least once every 2 hours the driver should be fired?
Same goes for “take a picture of the emergency conditions and text me”. Nope you have a spy camera mounted in the truck so your job and review it yourself.
I agree. We must be in buildings where the drivers aren't :censored2:ing pusillanimous and have set a standard that doesn't include doing the management's job also.