'Removed from Service' for waiting for pick ups.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’s not stealing time.
If you are sitting around in the middle of the day and you have work you could be doing that’s stealing time.
If you are waiting for a pickup that’s time In Service of the employer.
Im not sure why you are pretending you don’t understand the difference.
Everyone knows you send a message and let them figure it out. He didn't.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It’s not even a rule they dug up. The scabs on here invented a rule that dispatch is your responsibility if they do a bad enough job at it themselves.
It is our job to operate in the best interests of our employer when we do not have direct instructions.

It’s article 37 1(a) for everyone in national.

some1else

Banned
It is our job to operate in the best interests of our employer when we do not have direct instructions.

It’s article 37 1(a) for everyone in national.
It’s their company they can run it how they want to. If they want to dispatch a driver with downtime that’s up to them, and it’s not a big deal most people have downtime at their jobs. You are stealing time by doing the dispatchers work during your day focus on your own job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
oie_overlay.gif

34yearpackagehumper

Short and sweet "CYA" They will use any excuse to fire you. The only time I ever set beside the road that long is on a breakdown. I was the senior PC Driver in my center at the time and my run was certainly what we called a "country run". Took about that long to get another PC to me. The wrecker driver helped me reload the new PC and I was on my way. I got in about 9pm that night. High paid day, delivering in the dark is no fun .

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It’s their company they can run it how they want to. If they want to dispatch a driver with downtime that’s up to them, and it’s not a big deal most people have downtime at their jobs. You are stealing time by doing the dispatchers work during your day focus on your own job.
You’re free to dislike the contract, but it doesn’t make you right. Lol.

ManInBrown

Short and sweet "CYA" They will use any excuse to fire you. The only time I ever set beside the road that long is on a breakdown. I was the senior PC Driver in my center at the time and my run was certainly what we called a "country run". Took about that long to get another PC to me. The wrecker driver helped me reload the new PC and I was on my way. I got in about 9pm that night. High paid day, delivering in the dark is no fun .
Worst time of year was when the clocks got turned back as a cover driver. Delivering in the dark was no fun, delivering in the dark when you had no clue what number the house was , was a nightmare. Not a better day than when I got my first bid route. Knew every house number like the back of my hand. Dark at 4:30 depressing but who cares. Knew where I was going.

johnnybgood

Well, he still had work to do but was waiting for the work that needed to be done to be available to do. Unless he was told what to do in that situation once before he could wiggle out of this ok. If he had delivery stops it would be a slam dunk for the company. Without delivery stops available it makes it more easy to just say you were not told you had to message in, either that day or in a previous instruction.

Well, he still had work to do but was waiting for the work that needed to be done to be available to do. Unless he was told what to do in that situation once before he could wiggle out of this ok. If he had delivery stops it would be a slam dunk for the company. Without delivery stops available it makes it more easy to just say you were not told you had to message in, either that day or in a previous instruction.
Seriously?

You got to use a little bit of common Sense in this situation

Could have, but was he told to ?
If you work for this place long enough you understand what they're thinking is
It was a matter of 5 or 10 minutes no big deal the customer wasn't ready
But this place has reports on top of reports on top of reports for everything
If you think you need to sit there for 2 hours and not do anything then I can't help you

johnnybgood

If you work for this place long enough you understand what they're thinking is
It was a matter of 5 or 10 minutes no big deal the customer wasn't ready
But this place has reports on top of reports on top of reports for everything
If you think you need to sit there for 2 hours and not do anything then I can't help you
He did, he did his pickup. He can't tell the pickup people that he needs the pickup now or he'll get in trouble. If he had no work to do that would be thing. I think what it will come down to is that he wasn't instructed to do message in after completing delivery stops but prior to doing the pickup stops. I think he will be warned and instructed to do so and will wind up being fine in the end. This assumes he had 0 delivery stops at that point and only pickup stops.