Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

UPSjedi41

BC622984-B3FB-4CF5-B3AA-9317A9C2B219.jpeg

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
So instead of disciplining PDS to do their job , ups forces it down the company and the only ones who get discipline are the drivers now for a bad PDS
Not if you have a Steward worth a chit!

No worries, First ground stop is 5980, you will find it buried behind 5981, 5983, 5984, 5985, 5986, 5997, 5998...
You lucky SOB! My 5980 is usually between 1840 and 5200 on a good day. Twice a week I find it right next to 7300!

keeb86

The problem is Orion does too much of its own thing. If it were there to clean up RDO that’s fine, but it has too much of a mind of its own and isn’t productive. It’s still the same crap as it was 5 years ago that no one wanted.

Benben

The problem is Orion does too much of its own thing. If it were there to clean up RDO that’s fine, but it has too much of a mind of its own and isn’t productive. It’s still the same crap as it was 5 years ago that no one wanted.
Ah, so it's Orion's fault and not the DPS fool..........got it!

Benben

How good is a system if its typical user can’t operate it effectively? Theoretical potential doesn’t cut it on the ground.

Typical user??? I know 3/4 of my customers by name and I have a 90% resi route! Take my RDO away and I am ready for war!!!

Benben

Here is my favorite..... Orion has me getting done 45 mins before I actually get done for the past 5 months yet I am rarely over allowed. We were told those numbers on the computer in the AM are based on what, "your usual performance is." Orion has 10 business's being delivered after 6 pm about every day but I ignore Orion and never have service failures. Now what do they think is gonna happen if they take RDO away and I run ODO?!?!?!

Heavy Package

Take RDO away from me and I will no longer fix the stupidity that's dispatched.

I will go on my yearly safety ride and follow ONION 100%. I will not care what anyone says and as soon as they want me to change it up so we can get the route done I will pull the car over and have my ORS show me the best way to deliver my route and play the game.

Dumbo

They took it away from us just recently and it's just been ridiculous, and literally is more dangerous. You spend SO much more time in the back, in the heat, so much more time climbing on top of people's irregs , stepping on people's boxes, looking through 50 pieces of surepost on one shelf to find one specific little box. Yesterday it had me literally passing houses all day, and then coming back to them and hour later. Normally I can have 200 stops off by 6pm, now you're lucky to get 150 off. I would just look at my board in awe as it had me going into a neighborhood to deliver one house, then pass 10 stops in the same neighborhood to go to a different neighborhood and deliver 3 stops, then leave that area and go back to the first area .

It's a complete joke.

---more dangerous as you spend more time in the back in the heat

-more damage to customers packages

-less stops completed through out the day as you have to sort everything twice

If customers are reading this, this is just another reason your boxes are damaged...because we have to climb through a brick loaded truck, stepping on packages, to find a box half way into the truck instead of grabbing the next one on the shelf.

Re-Raise

For guys that know their route inside out it will be fine they will probably ignore the Orion. Anyone else is screwed.
This! Our new PDS has the RDO jacked up on different shelves every day anyway. I can just look at the ODO and ignore their order and run it the way I always do.

I delivered this area by looking at every pkg in the truck before we ever had EDD. I just use the DIAD for a list of what is on the truck and that is all.

The Driver

I drive.
I am afraid my work life will just be a blizzard of rage now. I am seriously concerned this will drive me insane. I hate being angry at work. And they’re just packages but I work for more than just money, I would like to do a good job everyday and get home.