Removing EDD (RDO) as an option

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Did you record the stops as “missed”?

Getting yelled at by a manager is easy overtime. Amusing, too.
If you are going to make a career of this job it helps to have the right attitude about it.
That attitude should be that, while you may prefer cooperation to conflict, you also have the power to make them far more miserable than they can make you.
Their plan, their fail.

Doing what's right and having the proper attitude only goes so far. Most people prefer cooperation over contention but at some point there will be a catastrophic failure in the system that most likely will hurt the employee and not the company. We had a driver terminated for sheeting as missed when stops were properly missed. The supervisors told said driver to sheet as EC when there was no justifiable reason for an emergency condition.

He refused because it was dishonest and outright deceptive to the customers paying for our service. So they fired him. After a one day vacation, he was given his job back and it was considered a suspension instead. The practice of sheeting stops as EC for no justifiable reason continues to this day, a day when the temperatures are reaching the 90's, there is not a cloud in the sky, and the only "emergency" is that the drivers might go over 12 hours and show up on some report.

opey

Orion isn't a huge deal if you a regular route driver. The stops come off quick and easy at your business. It IS a major issue driving a cut car with 220 resi stops, and then they cut more stuff into your car at the last minute and PAL it all the same. Last week I had no 1000 or 5000 packages, they cut it all into 3000 and 4000, so I had to go through about 50 on each the 3000 and 4000 shelves (which were basically spread through the whole truck all over the floor) and little sure post bags and such just to find one stop.

Also if they force Orion, they should never allow dispatchers to start the trace anywhere but the 1000 through 4000 shelf.
i thought that was just the idiot here... so many times i have had 15-30 stops all with the exact same label PAS label, and not only on resi split routes either

The Real Jack RyanMI6

“Insubordination” is not a terminable offense in the Western Conference.
Furthermore, if we are directed to generate a certain compliance metric under threat of discipline, we cannot then be disciplined for any service failures that might result from obeying that directive.
Being given conflicting instructions (generate compliance metric while avoiding service failures)...under threat of discipline for both...is a violation of Article 37 which prohibits over supervision and harassment.
Thanks, speaking of article 37 how did ups get away with putting the new geotab 8 in our cars?

The Real Jack RyanMI6

You do understand those things come from the factory with plug and play capability for a tiny video camera, mic, etc..
They brag on their website about being able to correct drivers behavior on the fly by talking to us through the device

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Give em what they want, walk in with a smile and follow it %100 ,any business closed after 5 sheet it missed. The supervisors don’t want %100, they know it’s a bad system..they are scared..
Our boss was bitching about all of the missed businesses recently because of guys covering routes they don't know.

I said let's put a 1700 time commit on problem addresses so guys will know.

"How bout you guys just quit delivering businesses after 5!!!"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You do understand those things come from the factory with plug and play capability for a tiny video camera, mic, etc..
They brag on their website about being able to correct drivers behavior on the fly by talking to us through the device
They are bragging on their website in order to pump up the value of the stock to potential investors.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Walked in today and saw this new map :censored2: on my DIAD.....lmfao.....dis gonna be good.
Now you really are... OrionsBitch

Forgot to ask my drivers this. They made this Monday really easy for some reason and we had a close call last march so it might be safe to guess that my center just removed RDO today...

JL 0513

Got this update in my center today too. Center manager was just as surprised, LOL.

This just doesn't work with 2/3rds of the routes that are blown out with bulk. What is so hard for UPS to understand?

Also, the maps feature is almost useless. It looks like maps from a 2004 flip phone if any had maps. It's not turn by turn navigation as some people have suggested. It simply shows a static route path for about 4 seconds to take a mental note of and reverts back to Orion view.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We lost it here today.

I dont mind. In fact I'm having a blast.

Center manager probably wont be too keen on a pickup compliance near 20%, but at least ORION trace will be 100%.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Got this update in my center today too. Center manager was just as surprised, LOL.

This just doesn't work with 2/3rds of the routes that are blown out with bulk. What is so hard for UPS to understand?

Also, the maps feature is almost useless. It looks like maps from a 2004 flip phone if any had maps. It's not turn by turn navigation as some people have suggested. It simply shows a static route path for about 4 seconds to take a mental note of and reverts back to Orion view.
It’s like a year 2000 graphics trying to run 2018 software lmao