Residential Driveway

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Every back is a risk. The longer the back, the bigger the risk. He is choosing your driveway because its safer, but he shouldn't have a problem if you tell him to stop doing it unless he has a stop for you. I personally don't think what you're asking is unreasonable. As you said, you didn't mind if it was weather, or overweights or a stop for you.

Just be courteous, and I dont think you'll have a problem. If you have an issue confronting people, you could always get a sign that says no turn around in driveway. He should get the hint. Its really a minor inconvenience, if it takes him longer to back slowly down the street so be it. More overtime imo

Thanks, I managed to catch the driver today. Apparently different drivers deliver to the neighborhood depending on who gets the route, and a different one had been assigned to it recently.

But my regular was here today and I talked to him. He was totally understanding, and showed how he pulls around the circle so he’s pointed out without having to use the driveway. I gave him cold drinks and snacks for the road as a thank you. Hope that was ok. I’ll try to catch the drivers each day to do the same.

Haha, no chance of that! Work has stuck me at home until the ‘rona lets up. I’m totally going to be watching out my window with a Slurpee.

But if you want to take out the ugly cable box, I’d be much obliged.

chicken alfredo

Haha, no chance of that! Work has stuck me at home until the ‘rona lets up. I’m totally going to be watching out my window with a Slurpee.

But if you want to take out the ugly cable box, I’d be much obliged.
You’re completely in the right for not wanting a driver to back into your driveway . That’s your personal property and he/she needs to respect it . We are taught NOT to back into residential driveways . I’ve been down some of the narrowest roads and you know what ? Tough nuggets . That’s why we are trained to leave ourselves an out . If you see no possible way to turn around in a street , back first slowly and safely . If not , park at a safe distance and walk the stop . I’d be irritated seeing someone using my driveway daily let alone breaking sprinklers or cracking the cement . Very unprofessional . Instead of giving your driver refreshments you should have demanded an apology !

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You’re completely in the right for not wanting a driver to back into your driveway . That’s your personal property and he/she needs to respect it . We are taught NOT to back into residential driveways . I’ve been down some of the narrowest roads and you know what ? Tough nuggets . That’s why we are trained to leave ourselves an out . If you see no possible way to turn around in a street , back first slowly and safely . If not , park at a safe distance and walk the stop . I’d be irritated seeing someone using my driveway daily let alone breaking sprinklers or cracking the cement . Very unprofessional . Instead of giving your driver refreshments you should have demanded an apology !

You sound like a newly minted supervisor

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hey y’all, that’s why I put on the fireproof pants, and asked a question. I figured feedback would be along these lines, but wanted to ask.

I’m sure you get a lot of crap complaints, and the general consensus appears to be that my question is crap as well.

I had no problem when it’s an occasional turn around, but its daily now. So I was wondering what changed, that they couldn’t back up in the street like they usually do.

I have fresh cracks in the driveway slab, and they took out sprinkler heads with the wheel. So yes, there has been damage to my personal property.
Call in the damage. If you can, park a vehicle at the end of the driveway so he cant use it to turn around.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Damn y’all are tough on the poor guy. He just asked a question geez. End of the day it’s his driveway and he has ever right to bitch. The driver should not back into his driveway period.

tempTCD2

SizzlingEnviousCaecilian-small.gif

this is how i feel when in a narrow dead end street with no culdesac.