Residential Driveway

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If you're talking about the tractor-trailer drivers that bring the intermodal containers to and from the TOFC and COFC cranes, they are subcontractors just like at CSX Intermodal.

A hostler is an antiquated term used for someone who would now be called a utility man (CSX) or brakeman (NS). Hostlers move locomotives around the yard and the term is coined from the Hostler position (a tiny window with limited control inputs under and aa dead-man's pedal) at the rear of some older locomotives.
Yeah I’m talking about the guys that drive like maniacs in your yard birds that take the containers to/from the track. Guess I need to brush up on my terminology. So those guys are not NS employees is what you’re saying?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Yeah I’m talking about the guys that drive like maniacs in your yard birds that take the containers to/from the track. Guess I need to brush up on my terminology. So those guys are not NS employees is what you’re saying?
Nope. The last railroad employee to touch the container would be the crane operator. I haven’t worked for NS since over a year ago, but I remember one company called pacific rail being their East Coast go-to contractor for jockeying containers. This was in Harrisburg, PA and Croxton

CSX is bringing the subcontracting “in-house” by getting rid of parsec and railplus; keeping a healthy distance from liability while serving more control through having all of the independent contractors umbrellaed under CSX Intermodal, a separate branch of the company

And no your terminology is fine. You were spot on: maniacs. Complained like old heads about us being late with train arrivals, drove like they were fresh out of Swift

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
thumb_news-flash-if-you-have-to-drive-on-someones-driveway-70214169.png

chicken alfredo

I don't know any shipper that walks a very long driveway.

USPS doesn't
Amazon sure as hell doesn't
FedEx ground doesn't.
FedEx express delivers envelopes so maybe they do.
Believe it or not ..some of us like that exercise ! I’ve had customers encourage me to use their long U-driveways and I tell them thanks it’s okay I like the walk. To each their own I guess . On the other hand When I see a short open driveway and there’s just packages laying in front of their fence or even in their grass that’s just ridiculous! Laziness !

chicken alfredo

Is the driveway constructed so shoddy that one truck causes damage? If so, you were ripped off.
When careless drivers rip up a customer’s lawn and snap sprinkler heads it has nothing to do with the driveway . Unfortunately rookie drivers and sloppy veteran drivers alike do more than just innocently drive into a customer’s driveway , which they shouldn’t be doing in the first place ! If you’re gonna do it at least stay on the cement portion for crying out loud !

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When careless drivers rip up a customer’s lawn and snap sprinkler heads it has nothing to do with the driveway . Unfortunately rookie drivers and sloppy veteran drivers alike do more than just innocently drive into a customer’s driveway , which they shouldn’t be doing in the first place ! If you’re gonna do it at least stay on the cement portion for crying out loud !
That is a fair statement.

Be lazy, but be smart!